Passengers

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I must admit that I had been waiting months too see this film based on the trailer. Saw it yesterday. First off I am a huge Jennifer Lawrence fan but honestly what we saw was just a totally flawed story hidden behind a beautiful leading lady and scenes filled with graphic imaging (which BTW was excellent).

This film is a dud with very little to like or to become emotionally attached to.

Cast: Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Sheen, Laurence Fishburne
Director: Morten Tyldum
Writer: Jon Spaihts
Rating: PG-13
Running Time: 116 min.
Synopsis:
Two passengers (Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt) aboard a spaceship awake from cryogenic sleep 90 years before anyone else

Rating on MRQE.com was a dismal 52%

A pretty little love story in the depths of interstellar space. Beyond that it was meaningless. To prove a point the entire cast in the film amounted to 4 people until the last few seconds of the film there was a cameo with Andy Garcia that was so stupid and brief that if you blinked you missed it

Rent it when it becomes available if you have to see it. Don't waste your money. First film by her that is a genuine flop

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
That's a shame, I was looking forward to this one :(. I guess I have to stick with cable for my fill of Sci Fi...

david

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
anyone who thinks Passengers is a Sci-Fi Fi movie is mistaken. It's a dopey lovey story played out on a space ship in interstellar space. A real dud IMO

Thanks for saving me both time & money Steve!

david

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Rotten Tomatoes: 32%

Average Rating: 5/10
Reviews Counted: 190
Fresh: 60
Rotten: 130

Critics Consensus: Passengers proves Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence work well together -- and that even their chemistry isn't enough to overcome a fatally flawed story.
_____

I've read other comments from some viewers of some of the popular movie forums out there, and Steve is right on target.
Re-watch Singin' in the Rain instead.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing