Phono config for Transfiguration Proteus Cartridge

luiscesar

Oct 19, 2016
Madrid. Spain
Hello everybody !
I am going to receive a s/h Dartzell preamp for test (to see if i will bought or not) with my 108B and W/Ps.
(Original owner did not use the internal phono, so it is in original configuration, no idea about this config.)

I would like to know which phono configuration should work best for a Transfiguration Proteus Cartridge. ( Record Player is an AMG ViellaV12+J12 arm)
Since I have to solder I have no idea which work best.

Could anyone help me?
Thanks a lot
Luis

Transfiguration Proteus

Output voltage : 0.2mV (3.54cm/s, 1kHz)
Internal impedance : 1 ohm
Recommended loading : 10 ohms

Body : aluminium, resonance controlled
Cantilever : 0.3mm solid boron
Stylus : PA (3 x 30µm) solid diamond
Core/coils : Ultra grade 3S – µ metal square core with 5N silver coils
Magnet : neodymium – front & rear
Weight : 7.8g
Output voltage : 0.2mV (3.54cm/s, 1kHz)
Internal impedance : 1 ohm
Frequency response : 10Hz – 20kHz +1.5dB, 20kHz – 40kHz +2dB
Channel separation : 30dB (200Hz – 1kHz)
Channel balance : 0.5dB at 1kHz
Tracking ability : 70µm at tracking force 2.0g at 315Hz
Dynamic compliance : 13 x 10-6 cm/dyne
Recommended loading : 10 ohms
Recommend’ tracking force : 2.0 g

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
I have a Transfiguration Proteus on my Brinkmann Balance/SME V combo and I am very pleased with the Allnic H3000V phono stage. Before buying it, I compared it against several phono stages in the same price range and it was the one that was the quietest and the most musical (at least to my ears and in my setup).

luiscesar

Oct 19, 2016
Madrid. Spain
I have a Transfiguration Proteus on my Brinkmann Balance/SME V combo and I am very pleased with the Allnic H3000V phono stage. Before buying it, I compared it against several phono stages in the same price range and it was the one that was the quietest and the most musical (at least to my ears and in my setup).

I actually using a ARC Reference 5 preamp + ARC REF Phono 2 as phono preamp, and I am going to compare the Dart phono card vs ARC RefPhono 2, but I would like to do with the Dart properly configured

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I actually using a ARC Reference 5 preamp + ARC REF Phono 2 as phono preamp, and I am going to compare the Dart phono card vs ARC RefPhono 2, but I would like to do with the Dart properly configured

As far as I remember the default factory load of the old NHB18 was 836 ohm - 5.1 kohm in parallel with 1 kohm. Perhaps you can try using this load and the 1kohm in the ARC Ref Phono. You can try listening to effect of using different loadings using the ARC before changing values in the Dart, that needs a soldering iron and is a very delicate work.

Some years ago I did the experience you are going to carry and preferred the ARC REF phono 2 to the DartZeel phono.

luiscesar

Oct 19, 2016
Madrid. Spain
As far as I remember the default factory load of the old NHB18 was 836 ohm - 5.1 kohm in parallel with 1 kohm. Perhaps you can try using this load and the 1kohm in the ARC Ref Phono. You can try listening to effect of using different loadings using the ARC before changing values in the Dart, that needs a soldering iron and is a very delicate work.

Some years ago I did the experience you are going to carry and preferred the ARC REF phono 2 to the DartZeel phono.

Thank you Microstrip !
I've been playing the ARC Phono2 with different loads, there is almost no differences between loads with the Proteus Cartridge, 1000Ohm was very good on ARC, but in the end i tend to select the lower values, only noticed less fatigating with longer listening periods, 100Ohm or 200Ohms are preferably, I not sure if I will have the same results with the internal phono card of the Dart.
Regards

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing