Wilson Audio on stage at Chicago Symphony Center

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
https://www.paragonsns.com/chicago-audio-show/

You’re invited to audition the finest audio equipment in the world. Experience dramatic audio presentations from renowned audio manufacturers: Wilson Audio, Dan D’Agostino Master Systems, Transparent Audio, and more.

Join us in the elegant private rooms of the world-famous Chicago Symphony Center between 10am-7pm on Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sunday.

This event is free and open to the public.

When: January 28th & 29th
Chicago Symphony Center
220 S. Michigan Ave,
Chicago, Il 60604

Please RSVP at: info@paragonsns.com, or call (734) 662-3595
Registered guests will be entered to win special audio products.
(Drawings will be several times daily.)

Featured manufacturers include: Wilson Audio, Dan D’Agostino Master Systems, Transparent Audio, Doshi Audio, dCS (data conversion systems), Brinkmann Audio, HRS (Harmonic Resolution Systems), and Playback Designs.

Stay tuned for more details & system information…

Wonder which Wilson Audio speakers will show up, I might make the trip from South Bend IN. Just for the different acoustics of hearing some speakers on stage in a concert hall.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
https://www.paragonsns.com/chicago-audio-show/

You’re invited to audition the finest audio equipment in the world. Experience dramatic audio presentations from renowned audio manufacturers: Wilson Audio, Dan D’Agostino Master Systems, Transparent Audio, and more.

Join us in the elegant private rooms of the world-famous Chicago Symphony Center between 10am-7pm on Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sunday.

This event is free and open to the public.

When: January 28th & 29th
Chicago Symphony Center
220 S. Michigan Ave,
Chicago, Il 60604

Please RSVP at: info@paragonsns.com, or call (734) 662-3595
Registered guests will be entered to win special audio products.
(Drawings will be several times daily.)

Featured manufacturers include: Wilson Audio, Dan D’Agostino Master Systems, Transparent Audio, Doshi Audio, dCS (data conversion systems), Brinkmann Audio, HRS (Harmonic Resolution Systems), and Playback Designs.

Stay tuned for more details & system information…

Wonder which Wilson Audio speakers will show up, I might make the trip from South Bend IN. Just for the different acoustics of hearing some speakers on stage in a concert hall.

Paragon out of Ann Arbor is handling this. I believe Larry is planning on using the Alexx's. I will double check with him this morning.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Paragon out of Ann Arbor is handling this. I believe Larry is planning on using the Alexx's. I will double check with him this morning.

They will have all the Wilson speakers except for the WAMM's and XLF's. He just sold his demo pair before Christmas.

R Johnson

Jul 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The "elegant private rooms" means "The Club" on the 8th and 9th floors -- dining room and event space for substantial donors. Unlikely that speakers will be on the stage of Orchestra Hall. A very nice view of the lakefront though...

R Johnson

Jul 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I went to Paragon's event on Saturday, the 28th.

I've attached a photo of Peter McGrath demonstrating the big ($680,000) system on the 9th floor. The other system on the 9th floor was priced at $170,700. The 8th floor had systems priced at $325,900 and $40,597. I was told that Paragon hopes to have a retail presence in Chicago (or its suburbs) later this year.

IMG_7542 par9-1.jpg

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
I went to Paragon's event on Saturday, the 28th.

I've attached a photo of Peter McGrath demonstrating the big ($680,000) system on the 9th floor. The other system on the 9th floor was priced at $170,700. The 8th floor had systems priced at $325,900 and $40,597. I was told that Paragon hopes to have a retail presence in Chicago (or its suburbs) later this year.

View attachment 30831

What created this event was the number of Chicago enthusiasts who have been contacting Paragon to discuss and provide for their needs. That so many would be willing to come to Ann Arbor started Larry Marcus asking why. He went all in to provide an event to see if this was a real trend or just an outlier. Larry chose a wonderful venue that allowed for intimate and wonderful sound. Those manufacturers who chose to support the event (Paragon is Wilson Audio's largest dealer) were very impressed by the crowd that came, their enthusiasm for great sound and great music, and how much they enjoyed a show where they weren't competing with another room right next door.

Will Paragon come to Chicago permanently? That question will be answered by interest going forward. You were there.What do you think?

R Johnson

Jul 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't find a link to Paragon's Issue No. 4 / February 2017 newsletter, but here's an extract, though the links didn't come through:

--------------------------------------

As this newsletter is "hitting the stands," we're just getting back from a whirlwind weekend in Chicago, where we held our Fine Audio Show at the Symphony Center on Saturday and Sunday. The show was a resounding success, and the feedback we've received so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

In Chicago, we mingled with friends and family, we sold some records and gear, and we experienced music played on some of the world's finest systems. The Paragon team is back in Ann Arbor, tired from a weekend of hard work but feeling uplifted by the friendships we forged with other music lovers.

Chicago Fine Audio Show...The Recap!

Chicago Symphony Center
January 28th & 29th
We'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone (including the staff at Symphony Hall) who helped with the Chicago Fine Audio Show. Without friends and our outstanding manufacturer partners, none of it would have been possible.

With the show just a few days behind us, attendees have already been in contact letting us know their feelings on the experience. Among the thoughts that have been shared with us so far:
"It was exciting to have so many Wilson speakers set up in one place."
"I am still in awe over the Brinkmann turntables."
"The D'Agostino pieces are beautiful to look at and listen to."
"After hearing reel-to-reel tape on the Doshi system, I have a new appreciation for tapes and tubes."
"The cabling and noise isolation systems were interesting and amazing."
"Thanks for showing me what world class digital playback sounds like."
"I can't wait for the new MoFi turntables!"

The Symphony Center private rooms gave a special elegance to the event, and as one manufacturer said, "rooms like this are where all hi-fi show should be." If you couldn't attend, don't worry...we'll be back in Chicago for the AXPONA show in April.

As promised, we have a number of raffle prizes to award to our attendees. We will be contacting the winners over the next few days, but we'd like to congratulate:

Brandon D.
Barry K.
Gary L.
Charles W.
Larry A.

Click HERE to see a complete list of prizes.

Want to see more images from Chicago? Click HERE to see pictures of the show!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing