WHAT IS YOUR BEST CROCK POT( SLOW COOKkER) RECIPE?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It is Christmas and winter. If you don't have a Crock Pot you might have received one as a Christmas present. They also appear at thrift stores on a regular basis. I bought one after I fell asleep and almost started a fire while cooking bean soap.
Large Luma bean soup. Dry beans are cheap and require a long cooking time. Snice crock pot sizes vary you will have to experiment. Also you whether your want the results to be soupy or more like stew. This will determine the amount of water and ingredients you use. I keep it simple. You can experument
Two bags large lima beans.
One package of smoked neck bones.
One onion.
Salt. Pepper. Garlic to taste.
Place water beans and 1 tablespoon of salt in pot after beans have beej rinsed. This will give you an idea how much water to use.
Add two bags of beans for large pot. One bag for small pot

Dice onion and place in pot. If you want to use onion purely for seasoning, peel it and place it in whole.
Once all ingredients in pot and set to low
Remember water can be added but not removed.
Add seasoning to taste.
Soup is ready when beans break when stirred.
Serve with garlic bread, Pillsbury biscuits or cornbread.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I should get Francis' (Vintage_Dog) recipe for Filipino Adobo!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I recall some colorful pressure cooker stories. Speed notwithstanding the pc requires a little more attention.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Yes, you have to make sure the rubber seal and valves are clean. In particular, the valve needs to move with no obstruction. You also need to take care not to overfill the cooker and not apply too much heat so that it vents. IF it vents, it means that the liquid is boiling inside. If some of that stuff gets into the valve ... you will be involuntarily redecorating your kitchen.

It sounds dangerous, but it's quite simple. I just hang around till I hear it start to vent, then I turn the heat all the way down till it stops venting.

Think of it this way. You know that delicious smell you get from your crock pot? All that is flavour escaping from your food. With the pressure cooker, the aim is: no cooking smells. That way, it locks the flavour in.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
BEEF STEW
1 Pack of precut beef cubes
1 Package of baby carrotshower
1 Onion
I bag potatoes
1 Can of tomato sauce
1Package beef stew seasoning
Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes .
Peel and dice onion.
Season and brown beef cubes.
Place contents in pot and add water to achieve conaistency you desire.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing