Marry Christmas with our new master tapes release !

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
Merry Christmas with our new master tapes release !

We are happy to release you a new amazing Jazz release, Jimmy Gourley and The Paris Heavyweights, one of the most accomplished members of the French jazz expatriate community !

Moreover we are proud to present you Classical on Tape, the first series of classical music on master tape, an absolute novelty in our analog world !!!

Enjoy them and if you like it feel free to review and talk about them with your friends !

opus_jimmy_gourley_and_the_paris_heavyweights.jpg opus_classical_on_tape_vol_1_berlioz_sinfonia_fantastica.jpg

opus_classical_on_tape_vol_2_brahms_concerto_violin_cello.jpg opus_classical_on_tape_vol_3_debussy_nocturnes.jpg

Last edited:

jsn

VIP/Donor
Jan 8, 2014
Merry Xmas,
May I know which Orchestra plays the Reel Tape classical volume 3 ?
CLAUDE DEBUSSY
NOCTURNES
JEAN FOURNET
Thank you.

cooljazz

Mar 21, 2012
TN
Marry Christmas??

I'll have to see a picture of her first to know if I'm interested.... :cool:

CJ

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I got the email "Marry" Christmas.... for that reason I unsubscribed. Really??

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
I apologize for the error ... but what is done is done! I hope you can smile and forgive my mistake ... next time I will use the Google translator ;-)

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
I apologize for the error ... but what is done is done! I hope you can smile and forgive my mistake ... next time I will use the Google translator ;-)

A spelling error...talk about chasing ghosts....who cares?
It doesn´t matter and I must admit I didn´t even notice.......it´s the product that matters
best
Leif

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
Merry Xmas, May I know which Orchestra plays the Reel Tape classical volume 3 ? CLAUDE DEBUSSY NOCTURNES JEAN FOURNET - Thank you.

The conductor was Jean Fournet with Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, I have updated the page, thanks for the remark !

Thank very much to all customers and master tapes enthusiast for the compliments to our products. We put so much care in making master tapes, this is a world of passion not just business!

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I ordered the Brahms and the Debussy. All the classical albums are with the great Czech Philharmonic. Noticed that the Berlioz only has the first two movements along with the Roman Carnival Overture. I am assuming some later release will have the other movements of the Symphonie Fantastique.

Larry

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
Fast shippings

my latest order is shipped! talk about efficiency!
Mine, too! Scheduled to arrive on Tuesday (Italy to California). Faster than most shipments across the US. Larry
Thanks friends, we work harder to ship fast, we take the stock on the high-side and use DHL Express since we ship worldwide. Frrom Italy we have a very good German gateway to USA and East Asia !

OpenReelRecords

Feb 22, 2015
and as a bonus on my favorite German precision alu nab core reels!
Sure ! Here at Open Reel Records we think to be on the podium ... and we want to fight to stay there ! So thanks to our friend Ralf for a joint venture with us ... now we have the really best reels in the world for our loyal customers ! Top 12/10 sheets (not 10 or 9 as china flanges ...) with 10 screws on a full CNC machined aluminium NAB core ! Full UV direct printing for amazing result ... and wait to see the new Classical on Tape reels !

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I received my order yesterday. They were the Debussy and the Brahms. Just played the Brahms Double Concerto - one of my favorite pieces. The tape is super - hard to believe it is from a master more than 50 years old. Suk and Navarra play very well. Suk has a real connection to Brahms. His grandfather, also Joseph Suk, was Dvorak's son-in-law, making Dvorak his great-grandfather. And Brahms was Dvorak's great mentor. Read the sad story of Karl Ancerl, the great Czech conductor, who was imprisoned in Auschwitz in WWII where both his wife and son were killed.

BTW, for the Open Reel people - at the very end of the Brahms tape there are two test tones - one at 1K and the other at 10K (I believe). Not sure whether there are test tones at the end of your other tapes. The 10K tone is quite low in volume.

Thanks, Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing