Greetings from the Pacific NorthWET.

JayR

Feb 28, 2015
Hi,

I thought I should post an introductory post. Long time lurker and first time poster.

I listen to a lot of music. Born and brought up in India. My parents used to have a couple of ticket to the Narada Gana Sabha in Chennai, India and I used to attend a lot of live concerts in India. I have always been interested in music due to these experiences. Ever since moving to the US, I have tried to keep up this interest in listening to music. My first system in College, while earning $4.25/hour, was a Pioneer receiver with Bose 301(?) speakers. I know... Heresy but it's all I could afford.

Later on. I started building a decent stereo system as finances permitted. I assembled a system with Silverline Sonatina speakers, a Bottlehead preamp that I built DIY, and a Pass Aleph 3 amp. It was this system that really boosted my journey in expanding my musical repertoire. It sent me on a path of upgraditis for a while until I got to the point where I just forgot about the equipment and started enjoying the music. My system stabilized. I generally do not make any changes for a long time which let me invest more in music. Very rewarding...

My system as it stands now :

Rega RP6
Acer laptop using Jriver and Spotify
Devialet D200
Audio Physic Virgo 25
Audioquest USB cable
Audience Au24SE speaker cables.

EDIT : Forgot to add. The Rega RP6 is a recent addition and my first venture into vinyl. Been hooked for the last month or so. I find myself spinning music at least 3-4 evenings a week and am enjoying it in all its glory with pops and ticks. Don't know why I waited for such a long time to get into Analog..oh well. Better late than never.

Simple and effective.... I have been thinking of getting new speakers for a while. I would like to get something that is more transparent and full range compared to the AudioPhysic Virgo 25. Might audition the Wilson Sasha and the Rockport Aviors. Let's see how this goes..

I would love to meet local audio/musicphiles and spend time chatting about this hobby.

If you have read through this rambling, I really appreciate it.

Best,

Jay.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Jay
Welcome to the club.
I'm a big fan of YG speakers and there is a pair of YG Kipod !! Signatures for sale on Audiogon for$12599 which are great speakers and meet your specs.
It's what I use and their sound bears out the reviews.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
hi Jay,

likewise welcome to WBF. and nice system and congrats on getting into analog.

if you are in the Pacific Northwe(s)t and in the Seattle area (in case you did not know about it) there is a very active local audio club there you should get to know.....and a few guys locally are here on WBF.

http://www.audiosociety.org/

there are regular meetings and activities. and you are certainly welcome to visit my room for a listen when you have time. I'm in the North Bend area east of Seattle.

JayR

Feb 28, 2015
Thanks for the welcome.

Mike, I have read a lot about your audio adventures while lurking. I would love to visit with you and listen to your system. Thanks for the info on the PNW audio society. I will try and come for the Jan meeting.

It was one of these kind of meetings with Doc Bottlehead that got me hooked onto Jazz music. I distinctly remember them playing Ella Fitzgerald's rendition of Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered through DIY SETs and speakers. To this day, it remains one of my favorite songs.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Welcome to the What's Best Jay.

Please come to the January meeting of the PNWAS. The website has not yet been updated, but venue and dates/times have been changed. The January meeting (and subsequent meetings) will be held at the Mercer Island Congregational Church. 4545 Island Crest Way, Mercer Island, WA 98040

January's meeting is going to be on Saturday, January 14th at 1pm. Bob Carver is going to be bringing an entire system. I hope to see you there.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Jay,...welcome to WBF!!!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello Jay, please allow me to offer you a warm welcome to the What's Best Forum.

Tom

JayR

Feb 28, 2015
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Feels like I have been here forever.

Much appreciated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing