Announcing the Genesis Maestro

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Seattle, WA – Genesis Advanced Technologies, manufacturer of legendary audiophile loudspeaker systems, is proud to announce the next generation of the highly regarded Genesis™ 5-series loudspeaker – the “Mæstro”.

“A new design for the G5 was probably what I’ve been most requested for,” said Mr. Gary Leonard Koh, CEO and Chief Designer of Genesis. “Even from owners of the G5.3! There are many who love the form factor, and how it will fit into a small room. I’ve resisted because why mess with something already great? But after more than 10 years, I guess it’s time.”

“So, how do I re-design what I thought was already a classic and the speaker that got me to fall in love with the brand in the first place –the Genesis V? I already had some new ideas from developing the 5-way crossover in the G-Force launched in 2015, so it took less to persuade me to start a re-design. Still, it took the better part of 2 years.”

“Having listened carefully to the feedback from our loyal end users, many of the greatly admired sonic characteristics and features of its predecessors – the Gen V, G500, G501, and G5.3 – have been reincorporated into the new Mæstro, but updated with the latest technology,” said Mr. Koh. “A ‘no compromises’ approach has been taken to ensure that this speaker can be incorporated into any number of situations producing nothing less than spectacular results. One of the features most requested was the four woofers in the 1994 Genesis V. It’s a bit of an over-kill, but I relented anyway for the 2017 Maestro.”

The Genesis Mæstro loudspeaker is a 5-way loudspeaker with two Genesis Ring-Radiator Ribbon Tweeters (front and back), a single 4.5-inch solid Titanium-cone midrange driver, two 6.5-inch aluminum mid-bass couplers and four 8-inch woofers with an integrated 500W servo-controlled bass amplifier.

The Mæstro features the Genesis Acoustic Suspension system so that it can be used on the many types of flooring encountered throughout the world – including uneven natural stone tiles, smooth granite, deep pile carpet, and suspended wooden floors. Stainless steel spikes and a suspension frame hold the loudspeaker rigidly for best imaging and bass control. Neoprene decouplers act like shock absorbers, making sure that the cabinet is not affected by floor-borne vibrations.

The three sections of the loudspeaker – midrange/tweeter, midbass coupler and woofers – are housed in three separate cabinets with separate crossovers in each. The result is improved midrange clarity, a cleaner and tighter bass, more precise and pin-point image, and a holographic soundstage.

“As part of our efforts towards a more family-friendly loudspeaker, the Mæstro will be featured in beautiful real-wood veneers. In the initial launch, we will offer ebony and rosewood veneers a rich, high-gloss finish” said Ms. Carolyn Koh, COO of Genesis. “The larger sweet-spot of the Mæstro means that the wife and kids will no longer be relegated to the ‘cheap seats’ when listening to music at home.”

“It should be noted that the original Genesis V was released at $14,500 in 1995. Time and inflation has taken its toll and the new Maestro with 20 years of improvements and upgrades will retail at a recommended US$30,000 plus taxes” continued Ms. Koh.

“The Genesis Mæstro is just a little bit better than the old speaker in every respect,” said Mr. Koh with a smile. “A little bit better bass. A little bit better clarity. A little bit bigger sweet-spot – vertically as well as horizontally. And a little bit more dynamic in the mid-bass.”

The Genesis Mæstro will be available through authorized Genesis dealers and distributors worldwide Spring 2017. Complete specifications for the Genesis 5-series Mæstro loudspeaker can be found at www.genesisloudspeakers.com.

About Genesis Advanced Technologies

Genesis Advanced Technologies is a leading designer and manufacturer of high-end, luxury and reference loudspeaker systems, amplifiers and accessories with a commitment to absolute fidelity® in product, performance, and service. The hallmarks of the “Genesis sound” are a large family-friendly sweet-spot, top-to-bottom harmonic and rhythmic coherence and believable “you-are-there” imaging and soundstage.
With a 40-year technology legacy, Genesis loudspeakers are often referred to as the “world’s best” when it comes to high-frequency clarity and bass extension. Going beyond high fidelity to absolute fidelity, Genesis loudspeaker systems deliver a frequency range from 18Hz to 40kHz using ribbon tweeters and proprietary solid metal-cone servo-controlled powered woofers.

For more information please contact: Genesis Advanced Technologies • 654 S Lucile St • Seattle, WA 98108 • voice: 206-762-8383 • info@genesisloudspeakers.com • www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Maestro web.jpg

Maestro with grills web.jpg

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Beautiful! Best of luck with this new model.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..msrp?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats, Gary. The product of hard work no doubt. Best wishes.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Gary. I wish you much success with the Maestro!

Last night I suggested to Michael Woods at Elite Audio Systems that he carry your speakers, and that he put a pair of Fortes in his main listening location (where he presently has big Kharmas which were purchased yesterday).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing