Thread: D800 and YG Sonja 1.3

D800 and YG Sonja 1.3

Hi, I'm thinking about upgrading my current Bryston 28bsst2 amps for the D800 and I see that for SAM, only the Sonja 1.2 had been profiled. Does anyone know why that might be? I'm thinking that if Devialet was going to take the time and expense to profile the 1.2, the surely they would also profile the 1.3 while they were at it, unless for some reason, the D800 is not compatible with the 1.3.

Thanks! Hammer

SAM is useless on my G1's .. they cope with bass all by their lonesome... I suspect , after googling the Yg's ..that they do the same.
    Roon/Tidal ..Squeezebox touch . DIRAC...Twin Devialet D Premier amps , Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits .. fully treated room

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Hammer,

I wouldn't worry too much about SAM on your YGs.

Here's the effect of SAM on the 1.2s:

http://en.devialet.com/sam-ready-spe...tics-sonja-1-2

As you can see, there's very little that's done, as the speakers themselves need no correcting. From all the speakers I've seen on Devialet's website, the YGs are the ones that need less "correcting" from SAM...
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Thank you for the feedback! Does anyone think, aside from SAM, that the D800 is a good match for the Sonja 1.3's? Or would perhaps something more conventional like the Krell 900e's be better? Thanks, Hammer

Devialet is an all in one totally configurable system.. front to back.. the krell is just a monster of a power amp .. 2 different beasts.. the devialet is sooo much more...
    Devialet wins it big time in respect of looks..those krells are ugly .. but I;m biased...

I can assure you the 800 will drive anything you throw at it and then still surprise you..

Im upgrading my D premiers to a 1000p system .. why not go the whole hog and get a 1000p over the 800?
    Roon/Tidal ..Squeezebox touch . DIRAC...Twin Devialet D Premier amps , Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits .. fully treated room

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Thank you for the feedback! Does anyone think, aside from SAM, that the D800 is a good match for the Sonja 1.3's? Or would perhaps something more conventional like the Krell 900e's be better? Thanks, Hammer
    I've actually heard both on Sonjas, and it's a kinda apples and oranges situation. The Krell requires careful matching with a good preamp, to alleviate some of its downsides, and since it's part of a system, you can make influence its performance in many ways (with better sources, etc). Oh, and the bass impact is otherworldly
    The Devialet is a closed system, albeit a configurable one. But there's just not that much tweaking you can do. You either like what it does or you don't

What exactly you don't like in your current amps/system, or what is it that you wish you had and you currently don't?
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]