D800 and YG Sonja 1.3

Hammer

Jun 10, 2013
Hi, I'm thinking about upgrading my current Bryston 28bsst2 amps for the D800 and I see that for SAM, only the Sonja 1.2 had been profiled. Does anyone know why that might be? I'm thinking that if Devialet was going to take the time and expense to profile the 1.2, the surely they would also profile the 1.3 while they were at it, unless for some reason, the D800 is not compatible with the 1.3.

Thanks! Hammer

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
SAM is useless on my G1's .. they cope with bass all by their lonesome... I suspect , after googling the Yg's ..that they do the same.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com

Hammer

Jun 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback! Does anyone think, aside from SAM, that the D800 is a good match for the Sonja 1.3's? Or would perhaps something more conventional like the Krell 900e's be better? Thanks, Hammer

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Devialet is an all in one totally configurable system.. front to back.. the krell is just a monster of a power amp .. 2 different beasts.. the devialet is sooo much more...
Devialet wins it big time in respect of looks..those krells are ugly .. but I;m biased...

I can assure you the 800 will drive anything you throw at it and then still surprise you..

Im upgrading my D premiers to a 1000p system .. why not go the whole hog and get a 1000p over the 800?

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thank you for the feedback! Does anyone think, aside from SAM, that the D800 is a good match for the Sonja 1.3's? Or would perhaps something more conventional like the Krell 900e's be better? Thanks, Hammer

I've actually heard both on Sonjas, and it's a kinda apples and oranges situation. The Krell requires careful matching with a good preamp, to alleviate some of its downsides, and since it's part of a system, you can make influence its performance in many ways (with better sources, etc). Oh, and the bass impact is otherworldly :)
The Devialet is a closed system, albeit a configurable one. But there's just not that much tweaking you can do. You either like what it does or you don't :)

What exactly you don't like in your current amps/system, or what is it that you wish you had and you currently don't?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing