Seeking help in Manchester, UK area

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I am trying to acquire an item and have it shipped to the US. I would like to request the seller to take it to an audio shop to verify the item and process shipment for a fee.

One thing I am a little concerned about is the unit is a 120 v unit. Being ignorant in this field, I have to ask if there are ways around the voltage difference that could've been used?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Many items are very easily changed from 110 to 220. In my Lamm amps, its a simple jumper. Contact the manufacturer.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I am trying to acquire an item and have it shipped to the US. I would like to request the seller to take it to an audio shop to verify the item and process shipment for a fee.

One thing I am a little concerned about is the unit is a 120 v unit. Being ignorant in this field, I have to ask if there are ways around the voltage difference that could've been used?

We don't know what you're buying but there are many multi-voltage electronics out there and if it wasn't one can easily purchase a 230v to 120v transformer of sufficient power and use it with the electronics,

david

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
There were a few cases where changing mains voltage was not possible. In order to avoid mains voltage changes the manufacturer included a mains frequency check circuit that would only allow operation at the proper frequency, 50 or 60 Hz. The only way of dealing with it was a firmware change, violent surgery of boards or using a mains regenerator that changed the frequency.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing