FLORIDA

PASS Labs - Martin Logan - Bel Canto - Tara Labs - Balance Power Technologies

Last edited:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
So do you like the XP-20? We have Pass amps in here as well and was looking into the XP-20/25 combo. What are your thoughts.

Thanks,

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
So do you like the XP-20? We have Pass amps in here as well and was looking into the XP-20/25 combo. What are your thoughts.

Thanks,

I find the SP-20 to be transparent and fast without even the slightest edginess or unnatural artifacts. Top end is never compressed or constrained while providing excellent mids and tight will articulate clean bass which one looks for in accurate bass reproduction. The build quality is top notch!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Nice setup, very balanced selection of components..... Where is the analog? :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks for sharing the eye candy!

Welcome!

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Thanks you all for the kind remarks!

I've not had a turntable for over a decade. I’m extremely satisfied with my current CD player. No digital edgeness or artifacts to corrupt the music. Also it’s extremely resolving allowing music sound like music. ;)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Audioseduction

beautiful system !..Have you experimented with alternate placement since the room seems to be dedicated, for example using the long wall rather than the short.. this way having some distance between the seating position and the back wall?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
My thoughts exactly Frantz.

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Audioseduction

beautiful system !..Have you experimented with alternate placement since the room seems to be dedicated, for example using the long wall rather than the short.. this way having some distance between the seating position and the back wall?

Not possible since the room leads into an office in the rear, other words this dedicated room is also a walk thru to the office in the rear of the house. I have compensated for the rear wall against the chair by installing 3 acoustic panels behind the chair to kill any reflection that may have accord. Now the rear wall has effectively been pushed back 6 feet acoustically speaking that is. Infact I have planty of acoustic panels and bass traps to makes this room almost perfect.

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
I have recently added some bass traps to the room. A custom 32” trap on the right side, a 16” tube trap on the left side and a couple of panels behind the curtain. Effect on bass is great, tighter and more coherent articulation. I strongly feel the room is half of the system.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Love that wood floor and that gold accent! :)

...And the walls are the same color of the one that is around our avatars.
Plus the gold accent is the same of What's Best {B} Forum logo! :cool:

And everything else from all the gear to the AC wall templates just fits!
Even the carpet is a perfect match!

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Audioseduction,

Nice system! Enjoy! i notice in (only) one of your photos of the X-03 player there is a gold disc on top...the gold disc does not seem to be there in any of the other shots...or else my computer resolution is not good enough to show it. in any event, what is that? vibration control? it looks like a finite elemente puck or something. if it is, what are the differences you hear with and without using it? thanks!

Audioseduction

Dec 6, 2010
FLORIDA
Hi Audioseduction,

Nice system! Enjoy! i notice in (only) one of your photos of the X-03 player there is a gold disc on top...the gold disc does not seem to be there in any of the other shots...or else my computer resolution is not good enough to show it. in any event, what is that? vibration control? it looks like a finite elemente puck or something. if it is, what are the differences you hear with and without using it? thanks!

I have removed the brass puck as I think the highs sound a bit silkier without it. It was a little too edgy for my taste. I need to update the CD photo.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
thanks...good to know. FWIW, i use HRS damping plate on my Zanden DAC and it works extremely well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing