Magico Q-sub 15 and Raidho D-5.1

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
I must say, this is a strange one. Do you need a Magico sub to make the Raidho work? Shouldn't a $250K speaker work regardless? It is one thing to augment with a sub, as oppose to "fixing" it with one. And why that sub and not the JL, that he alredy have? Very confusing report...

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
"When Magico offered me a pair of the Q-Sub 15s for review, I leaped at the chance. My plan was to duplicate the Q-Sub/M3 system in my third-floor listening room, and then cross-compare it with the JL Audio/M Pro setup in my second-floor room. But there was a problem: The M3s weren't going to be available until “some time after CES,” while the Q-Sub 15s were ready to ship. So, rather than waiting for months to try the Qs out, I changed my plans."

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
And he couldn't use these with the MPro? And then compare between it and the JL, which is actually what is interesting. Not very professional, or informative, I would be unhappy if I was Raidho, or Magico, this is pretty useless as far as subs go.

caesar

May 30, 2010
And he couldn't use these with the MPro? And then compare between it and the JL, which is actually what is interesting. Not very professional, or informative, I would be unhappy if I was Raidho, or Magico, this is pretty useless as far as subs go.

Why? I can see your point as it makes raidho look incompetent. But it helps magico sell more subs and helps raidho customers correct a problem

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Will the Raidho bass saga ever end ?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I liked the photograph of the interior of the QSub. I missed where JV described the issue of the placement of the sub within the room. I assume there was only one sub, but I think at Magico, where he heard the M3, there were two QSubs. I wonder how an all out Q7II plus two QSub15s plus two QSub18s system would sound compared to the various reference level four tower speaker systems like the MM7, YG, Genesis, WAMM (plus tower subs) or Pandragons. One does not read much about Q7II based systems, with or without the QSubs.

I agree that it would have been interesting to read about the Qsub/MPro combination. But if that MPro is up on the third floor, getting that Qsub up there would be a challenge. I did not know that Valin has different listening rooms. That would explain, in part, the very long list of his reference components.

Will there be a future MSub tower with M7 super system? With the digital integration controls, that might be one incredible system.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
while perhaps not an ideal setup...certainly fun to read, and many of us do actually use third party subs and match them with primary main speakers as was done here. Would be fun to hear the QSubs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing