Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray player | Brand new release today

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar

All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Latest Official Firmware Upgrade Release | April 6, 2017

Comparing to the previous Official release version UDP20X-38-0222, the major changes included in this version are:

1.Added support for the OPPO UDP-20X MediaControl app, which turns your mobile device into a remote that provides complete control over your OPPO 4K UHD Blu-ray player. Please select from the following device types to download the application: iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch, Android, Android (APK), Amazon App Store.
    2.Added the Dolby Digital and DTS options under the S/PDIF Output setting in Audio Output Setup, which allows the player to re-encode different audio formats into the Dolby Digital or DTS audio format for the S/PDIF output.
    3.Improved the output accuracy when using the RGB PC Level color space.
    4.Resolved a frame dropping issue when using cable or satellite boxes through the HDMI In.
    5.Improved A/V sync when using the HDMI In.
    6.Resolved an issue where the Full zoom mode would not fill the screen when playing 4:3 content.
    7.Improved stability when accessing SMB servers.
    8.Resolved an issue where ejecting the disc tray could lock up the player.
    9.General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.

All features of the previous firmware are also included in this version.

______

♦ MediaControlApp → https://www.oppodigital.com.au/blogs...ne-and-android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.mediacontrol
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pomediacontrol
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oppo...194885761?mt=8
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Comparison between the two best:

Price wise they're both the same. And oppefully soon he'll (same guy in that video) take the opportunity to compare the Sony UBP-X800, which is half price of the Oppo, and Panny. And another one to compare too is the LG UP970, with Dolby Vision, and same price as the Sony...only $299.

Comparisons are good in audio, and in video. It's a measuring scale to help us make our own choice. The best is the one that works best for us, and then there's the rest.

Watched a DVD (not Blu Ray) the other evening (Miss Congeniality) and was blown away by the picture quality from the Oppo (that had been unconverted to 4K by the 203). Stunning. Best DVD image I have ever seen.
    “Audio as a hobby is dying, largely by its own hand. As far as the real world is concerned, high-end audio lost its credibility during the 1980s, when it flatly refused to submit to the kind of basic honesty controls (double-blind testing, for example) that had legitimized every other serious scientific endeavor since Pascal. [This refusal] is a source of endless derisive amusement among rational people and of perpetual embarrassment for me” - Gordon Holt

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Just had a heads up from Oppo that their UDP -205 will be available soon on a limited basis at $1299.

Quote Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
    Watched a DVD (not Blu Ray) the other evening (Miss Congeniality) and was blown away by the picture quality from the Oppo (that had been unconverted to 4K by the 203). Stunning. Best DVD image I have ever seen.
    Chuck, this is great. I must have over 6,000 DVD titles in the basement, but I don't play them. There are just too many Blu-rays to watch now, and too many 3D BR titles, and a constant growing amount of 4K BR titles with HDR and soon with Dolby Vision and soon from Disney movie studios.
    I don't remember last time I watched a DVD...must be close to a year. It was from the Oppo 103, upscaled to only 1080p (2K).

Sandra Bullock is a very happy woman today by the way. ...And a great person too.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...nd-Austin.html
    http://www.inquisitr.com/4147935/why...-in-hollywood/

She was dating Jesse James @ one point.

Jesse is an active guy; in financial enterprises, as well in liaisons dangereuses.
    _____
    _____

Yes Barry, the Oppo 205 has a high degree of attractive versatility, very:

Overview
    Features/Specs
    Last edited by NorthStar; 04-19-2017 at 02:15 PM.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Yes the Oppo 205 looks very tempting!

Barry, I'll reply with Elvis Costello's tune Alison My Aim is True ... Live with Elvis's Presly's own 1956 guitar, and with Priscilla by his left side:

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast