Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried this?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar

Anyone tried this?

I've heard a few members swear by Shun Mook tweaks but even with that in mind I did a double take at this:
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tu...pple-valley-ca
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s (preamp and phono TBD)
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    When I see record weights the only thing I can really think is I can make my own... I've been enjoying records without one forever... so it's not going to be a big deal if I don't make the best ever. IMO most lack a fundamental thing I plan to implement however.

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] es347's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    i've heard a few members swear by shun mook tweaks but even with that in mind i did a double take at this:
    ..lol

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C. - Canada
    Made in the USA; this is no China made stuff here.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Hi-FiGuy's Avatar
    There are lines...
    Rega P1/Rega Phono Mini USB/Denon DL-110/
    Pioneer Spec-1 Pre/Pioneer Spec-2 Amp
    Magneplaner .5 QR
    Kubala Sonsa Anticipation Cables
    Pioneer CT-1250/ Pioneer SG-9500/Pioneer TX-6700
    Xonar Essence STX/Samsung DVD-HD841 Audio Only

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I've heard a few members swear by Shun Mook tweaks but even with that in mind I did a double take at this:
    There are quite a few TT owners who swear by this, though the Dalby is considered even better. Never heard either. Saw a guy on Audionirvana that uses both (Siddh). It does come at an used priced of 1.5kish though.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    I like/love my Durand record weight. have used it for 5 years on every record. it's made of hardwood, 'un-obtainium' metal, round sapphire feet, with a fitted to the spindle Teflon collar.

Bonzo, how did it do on the very warped 45rpm pressing of 'In My Time Of Dying'?

I have only tried a few others, but I did have the Rockport vacuum hold down to compare it to......and preferred the Durand on the NVS to that.
    Wave Kinetics NVS tt, (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*Lampi SE GG dac, CAPSv4 server. (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darTZeel NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *darTZeel NHB-458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, Tara Labs GME w/HRX 2m RCA's. *Tripoint Troy Sig, Entreq Sil Tellus + Poseidon, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kinetics A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    I like/love my Durand record weight. have used it for 5 years on every record. it's made of hardwood, 'un-obtainium' metal, with a fitted Teflon collar.

Bonzo, how did it do on the very warped 45rpm pressing of 'In My Time Of Dying'?

I have only tried a few others, but I did have the Rockport vacuum hold down to compare it to......and preferred the Durand on the NVS to that.
    Mike, without comparing, I can't say. But so far I do think nothing can beat Mooks, except that a couple of people including Mik favour the Dalby (they love both).

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] es347's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiGuy View Post
    There are lines...
    ..and this is one of them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast