Overpriced Item

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Worse than any tweak from High End Audio snake oil caliber items... I don't think anyone can convince him/herself or be convinced of anything this is supposed to do, be or provide ..

There in all its glory from a company called Made Solid via Nordstrom ...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.gq.com/story/nordstrom-rock-holiday-gift

nordstrom-rock.jpg

:) :) :)
ROTFLMAO!!!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I saw that the other day. Dumbest thing I have seen yet

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
One string short of a bronze age slingshot.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
If there is a market for it, and it seems there is because they are sold out, then it's no worst than many other stuff we read every day on the news.

This is a rip off; it's just so sad. It hurts where it should...in the brain...with a bad headache. :D

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Why do humans show such enthusiasm to criticize anything that does not follow their own rules?

There are a few interesting concepts in this gift - the proper shape, the quality of the materials, the uniqueness of each stone, the combination of a soft beautiful leather and the carefully treated and chosen stone. I am sure that it includes a certificate referring to the San Bernardino Mtns. And yes, it is luxury item, and priced as such.

Bob, I only posted in this thread because I did not want you to be sad anymore ... ;)

Last edited:

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Why do humans show such enthusiasm to criticize anything that does not follow their own rules?

There are a few interesting concepts in this gift - the proper shape, the quality of the materials, the uniqueness of each stone, the combination of a soft beautiful leather and the carefully treated and chosen stone. I am sure that it includes a certificate referring to the San Bernardino Mtns. And yes, it is luxury item, and priced as such.

Bob, I only posted in this thread because I did not want you to be sad anymore ... ;)

microstrip

Please send me one with, of course, the purchase receipt.. Address in the US coming via PM ... :D

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

I'm good Francisco, I'm all good with peaceful people. :b

Still a rip off though. :D

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
microstrip

Please send me one with, of course, the purchase receipt.. Address in the US coming via PM ... :D

It is sold out, sorry! :D

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I have seen similarly priced ridiculous items at Needless Mark-Up.

I mean Neiman-Marcus.

As PT Barnum said, there's a sucker (or in this case, a schmuck) born every minute.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Shows how little you loy know
those are freeze dried testicles of famous himalayan thars , lovingly wrapped in the finest nappa vellum made out of capibara pelt.
Sourced in the jungles of amazonia ,, the heavy duty ball bag imparts weight and gravitas to the sound , still maintaining a state of tension and build up to the ultimate eargasm.
they make good paper weights too..

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..if you live in a glass house throwing prohibited

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Shows how little you loy know
those are freeze dried testicles of famous himalayan thars , lovingly wrapped in the finest nappa vellum made out of capibara pelt.
Sourced in the jungles of amazonia ,, the heavy duty ball bag imparts weight and gravitas to the sound , still maintaining a state of tension and build up to the ultimate eargasm.
they make good paper weights too..

Check this out

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
There's nothing I wouldn't wear at Neiman-Marcus, over that backpack. But I will say NM has some silly stuff, like made in china Burberry T-shirts for $195? Uhuh...

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
You couldn't sell that rock in hi end audio unless you charged at least 2k for it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing