Service Notice for Discontinued Martin Logan Products

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Edited to add: Please see post #4 which supercedes the info in this original post.
For those who may not frequent the Martin Logan Club forum, here's an important announcement from ML customer support:

Hey guys, as promised I wanted to let you know as soon as I received more information regarding products that MartinLogan will no longer be able to service.

Should you own one of these models please be aware that we are working on a new special promotion to honor the loyalty of our long time customers. If your product requires service but is listed below, please call our sales team at (785) 749-0133 to discuss your options.

Here is a direct letter from Melodie Brouhard, MartinLogan’s Service Manager:
----------------------------------------------------------
Due to lack of availability of specific proprietary parts and raw materials MartinLogan will no longer offer service on certain models that are out of production. Following is a list of discontinued products for which we can no longer purchase parts and, therefore, will not be able to provide service:

CLS 1
Monolith 1, Monolith 2
Quest, Quest z
Sequel, Sequel 2
Logos
Stylos
Statement (Original)

We have a very limited stock of only specific parts related to the above models. Our inventory control system indicates that, at current run rates, inventory will be completely depleted on or before December 31st, 2010. Please note that any orders received for parts or service related to these models between now and December 31st, 2010 will be subject to parts availability.
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129340&postcount=1

I'm purely guessing that the "special promotion" = favorable pricing on a current, replacement model.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Could they be mining for customers? Car dealers regard the repair department as a gold mine. Or is Canada just too far?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Most probably it will happen like the Quad ESL57 - as soon as the factory is not able to service old units someone will see a niche for doing some business doing high quality repairs.
In USA Martin Logan panels used to be so cheap that not one repaired them - they just replaced them. Due to the much higher shipping costs of new large panels to Europe, as far as I know some european people choose to have them repaired in Germany or Holland.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
After plenty of feedback from owners, Martin Logan has announced a major revision in policy:

Loyal MartinLogan customers,

Recently we announced a decision to discontinue our service support for certain legacy MartinLogan products that are no longer in production.

Well…we messed up.

Today I’m pleased to announce, after much discussion, the following:

1) MartinLogan stands behind every speaker made and will offer lifetime service and support for every model.
2) We will still offer a Loyal Customer Discount Program option to upgrade to a current production ML model, should your legacy ML product need service.

We need to refocus some energy on providing the best possible customer service, and it starts here with our most loyal and long time customers.

Forgive us for our blunder and we hope you continue to enjoy your MartinLogan speakers for many years to come. Please contact us directly at 785-749-0133 with any service issues or for more information about our Loyal Customer Discount Program.

Warmest Regards,

Justin Bright
Marketing Director
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11712

Emphasis mine. A welcome revision in policy.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Can you imagine owning the Statements and have a panel die? Talk about justifiable homicide.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
Most probably it will happen like the Quad ESL57 - as soon as the factory is not able to service old units someone will see a niche for doing some business doing high quality repairs..

I agree with you.

Someone working out of their basement will have some side income for many years to come.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Hmmm... I have a basement! ;)

It's really, really hard to keep parts around for older components. Many parts will die even if just sitting on the shelf. I understand their position, and it's impressive they reversed it -- and with humor, even!

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I replaced the panels on my 15 yr. old Aerius i's for a cost of something less than $400 and they are as good as new, maybe better. I ordered the panels from ML and it was a simple plug and play kinda deal. They are the fronts in my HT and I still love em.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing