RIP Greg Lake ... from ELP

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I always was a big fan of Greg and King Crimson,ELP. I even named my dog "King Crimson dai Bando" aka "Bando"

RIP Greg...

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I always was a big fan of Greg and King Crimson,ELP. I even named my dog "King Crimson dai Bando" aka "Bando"

RIP Greg...

We lost 2/3 of the real ELP this year.. Sad News indeed... I am a huge Fan , never saw them in concert.. Almost went to a Emerson , Lake and Powell concert but somehow the "Powell" in the concert didn't seem quite right to me .. so I didn't go. perhaps I should have had.. :(

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Emerson Lake Powell was awesome but I like Cozy.
Also saw The 3 as well as ELP proper.
Sad day for sure.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
What a voice.

From The Beginning was one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar. And ITCOTKC is one of the greatest albums, not just prog, of all time.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I only saw them once at a concert in Toronto in 1971 when they were peaking. I still remember it to this day.

Same year here, but in Montreal: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/emers...-des-nations-montreal-qc-canada-43df5ff7.html

• Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1970)
• Tarkus (1971)
• Pictures at an Exhibition (1971)
• Trilogy (1972)
• Brain Salad Surgery (1973)

I remember very well when I bought their first LP album, in 1970; it was in a basement of a neighbor who was selling audio equipment, music albums, and some sweets too (food products). His name was Sylvio Dupuis. The other ELP albums above I bought from my local Woolworth store. A young girl working there I used to go with, a pretty girlfriend with lots of good lovin' from a good humble family. Later on I met Roxane, from a high end family; her dad was a doctor surgeon, and her mom a nurse I believe. They had a big nice house in a nice chic neighborhood. We were together for three years. During that time, her dad had a car accident and died. That was one very tough event for her.

ELP is a trampoline of many other memories of the early 70s. Those I cherish among some of the best, innocent youth, world of exploration; love, drugs, school, family and friends relations. The more I go back down memory lane from that era the closer I am to the people from back then, the closer I am to the music I listened and loved and to the musicians and to me too. Those moments in time with the people we used to hang out with and the things we did and the music we listened to are part of what today we are, very much so.
ELP was and still is a big part of it ... R.I.P. Greg, and Keith

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
A very sad day and big loss for the music world. RIP Greg...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
August 26, 1977 .......released in 1979.

ELP - In Concert KOREA.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing