Shaving

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I love shaving. Normally it's just a shower some cream and the razor, but when I feel like I need a lift it's the whole ritual from the soap shaving, lathering with the badger hair brush but still just the Gilletes. The special treat is the trip to the barber shop for that straight razor shave.

So for those too chicken to use a straight razor like I am. What's best in razors, oils, creams and aftershave's?

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
What's best for me is to keep it simple and quick. I just wash with La Mer cleansing gel, then apply La Mer cleansing lotion on the parts of my face that I intend to shave. After which I shave with Gillette Mach 3. That's it. I don't use after shave as the cleansing lotion seems to leave a layer of protective oils on my skin.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I use Kielhs active shaving gel, and Kiehls mint after shave - Gillete Fusion razor with a led that lights while vibrating, not sure if this is the best but really works.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's my exact set up Flez! Got my Fusion from Art of Shaving. I like the tingling from the Kiehls. My wife is my shaving gel scout and so far my favorites are the Kiehls and the Clinique Gel (smoothest so far).

Mullard, seems Margie hasn't ventured into the Le Mer section yet. So no shaving gel? Just shave while washing your face?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Mother nature has given me an easy time with regards to shaving. I never had 'shades of gray' below my sideburns and that was even my wish when I saw the beards of Lew Alcindor aka Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the 70s. LOL I tried to grow a moustache in the 90s but it never got thick enough. So my shaving is like a one minute drill. With brand new Gillette twin razors, I just dab the areas to be shaved with water. Maybe in 12 strokes I'm done. When the razor is a month old, I just apply Gillette Foam on the area, and the whole process is done in 2 minutes. I can't say whether I enjoy it or not. LOL

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Never inquired with the La Mer counter on shaving gels. I wash my face, then shave. It's actually a part of my shower.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Mother nature has given me an easy time with regards to shaving. I never had 'shades of gray' below my sideburns and that was even my wish when I saw the beards of Lew Alcindor aka Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the 70s. LOL I tried to grow a moustache in the 90s but it never got thick enough. So my shaving is like a one minute drill. With brand new Gillette twin razors, I just dab the areas to be shaved with water. Maybe in 12 strokes I'm done. When the razor is a month old, I just apply Gillette Foam on the area, and the whole process is done in 2 minutes. I can't say whether I enjoy it or not. LOL

Lucky you.... Some days I need to shave twice a day if I have an evening appointment!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lucky you.... Some days I need to shave twice a day if I have an evening appointment!

My younger brother needs to shave everyday too. We do not share share the same genes. LOL

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing