Any thoughts on Furutech phono cables?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Any experience with these? AG-12 or Silver Arrow?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have an AG-12. A real over achiever and I doubt you will hear better for the price.

Would love to hear the Silver arrow.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I haven't tried the silver arrow yet, but it looks like one of the best cables Furutech has ever made to me... often they use stranded wire and PVC insulation, even on OCC type wire, which is bad. It looks like the silver arrow uses solid-core wire with a foamed PE dielectric, which should work very well, but they stopped using OCC wire and now have alpha copper and silver, which is very good but not quite OCC quality, imo... I do think a UPOCC silver cable with teflon dielectric and no PVC jacket could be better, but are often even more expensive. The connectors on the silver arrow are excellent!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Great comments. Thanks.

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
I had the Ag-12 RCA-RCA. The only regret I have about it is that I had to sell it for the sake of a 5pin-din cable (Kimber Tak H, quite a step down for me). Based on my experience with the AG-12 I would buy the Silver Arrow in a heart beat (If I had that kind of Money laying around). Have since moved on to a SR Tricon 20th. That would be my recomendation as a half way between the AG-12 and the silver arrow. The SR is a very "3D soundstage" kind of cable.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Thanks for the insights...

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I received mine and it is breaking in but it sounds really good right out of the box!

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Which cable did you receive? I am interested in the sliver breeze and the updated silver breeze II.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
So far the AG-12 is really doing well. I hear more bass and a lovely midrange. Very impressive sound. Took the analog rig up a notch.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing