RadioRoy's 50 per cent of the living room

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
Oslo area, Norway, Europe
setup_total.jpg
My living room isn't big. It's a small living room, even by Norwegian standards. It measures approx. 3,6 x 7,1 meters (11,7 x 23,3 feet), but I'm able to use half of it for my hobby. (I've got a tolerant wife)

My room measures pretty well to be a normal living room. I've got a frequency response of plus/minus 4,5 dB from 20-16.000 hz. Over 16k it starts to roll of smoothly.

The electronics are stacked inside cupboards from IKEA, but the amplifier and multiplayer sits in a rack from american manufacturer Audiophile Vibration Control. I use their isolation blocks under all my equipment, too.

Power isolation is Isotek GII Sigmas for my source components, and Isotek GII Titan for my amplifier. The combined diffusor/absorbents on the wall just over my bench, are from Vicoustic. There's also a ultra sound vinyl cleaner (with vacuum dryer) from JAS. Signal cables from Vovox and Blue Jeans Cable, speaker cables from Blue Jeans Cable and power cables from Isotek and LessLoss.

setup_turntable.jpg
setup_vinyl_storage.jpg
setup_electronics.jpg
setup_vinyl_cleaner.jpg

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Great use of the space available to you and nice component and speaker list! I rely on Isotek gear for my power substrate as well,...glad to see another Isotek user out there; it's great gear! Enjoy!!!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
+1! Nice and cozy room!

We just got our IsoTek Genesis, and it's quite impressive, working beautifully, even with amps!

cheers,
alex

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
+1! Nice and cozy room!

We just got our IsoTek Genesis, and it's quite impressive, working beautifully, even with amps!

cheers,
alex

It was actually Keith Martin from Isotek himself that was here to set up my two Isoteks and Synchro-cables. I've met him many times after that, too. Both here in Norway and in Munich at the High End Society's show.

Roy

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I've been through a LOT of top-end power conditioners, both passive and active over the years (Richard Gray, Shunyata, BPT, ExactPower, Furman (reference line), Purepower2000, Bybee Stealth v3,....). My last purchase and my favorite p/c products to-date are a pair of Isotek EVO3 units. The EVO3 TITAN to power my main stereo amp and a bespoke DC power supply for my Legacy Wavelet RoomEQ/DAC/pre processor with an Isotek EVO3 tethered connection (via Neutrik Powercon connector) to an EVO3 SIGMAS power the rest of my system components. I get all the benefits of great power conditioning with no limitations in dynamic headroom or any other typical side effect of having a passive or active p/c in the setup. Keith in a very talented designer and seems to have hit the nail on the head perfectly so to speak in his designs for truly non-current limiting power conditioning solutions! One day I'd like to get to his SOTA upper line products but that will take alot more planning and saving of funds....all in all, the EVO3 generation has the best overall impact and has been a perfect add to my system.

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
I've been through a LOT of top-end power conditioners, both passive and active over the years (Richard Gray, Shunyata, BPT, ExactPower, Furman (reference line), Purepower2000, Bybee Stealth v3,....). My last purchase and my favorite p/c products to-date are a pair of Isotek EVO3 units. The EVO3 TITAN to power my main stereo amp and a bespoke DC power supply for my Legacy Wavelet RoomEQ/DAC/pre processor with an Isotek EVO3 tethered connection (via Neutrik Powercon connector) to an EVO3 SIGMAS power the rest of my system components. I get all the benefits of great power conditioning with no limitations in dynamic headroom or any other typical side effect of having a passive or active p/c in the setup. Keith in a very talented designer and seems to have hit the nail on the head perfectly so to speak in his designs for truly non-current limiting power conditioning solutions! One day I'd like to get to his SOTA upper line products but that will take alot more planning and saving of funds....all in all, the EVO3 generation has the best overall impact and has been a perfect add to my system.

I've had the EVO3 Titan at home for review and I must admit it was even better than the G2, but I haven't made that change a priority - yet. Would have been nice to try the Mosaic Genesis, too. I'll just have to save up the dough first, since I'm afraid letting it out of the system after a review will not be an alternative :)

Roy

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Let us know your comments as you complete your review of the TITAN; it's a great unit (IMHO).

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
Let us know your comments as you complete your review of the TITAN; it's a great unit (IMHO).

I did the review in 2014 just when it was launched. Since the magazine went in a year later I can't find it on the web, but I'll have a look tomorrow to see if I can find it at home.

Roy

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
The Mosaic Genesis is an interesting unit, as it's a hybrid. It'll do conditioning on the two high-output mains (for the amps), and regeneration on 3 other outlets, for preamps and sources.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Sounds interesting....are you using the latest model?

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, we just got them in!

The readout says the incoming AC is 118V with 5% distortion, and the output is 115V at 0.03%! I keep the readout on the incoming signal, and it's fun to see that go from 118V to 112V then back, never stable...

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I've had the EVO3 Titan at home for review and I must admit it was even better than the G2, but I haven't made that change a priority - yet. Would have been nice to try the Mosaic Genesis, too. I'll just have to save up the dough first, since I'm afraid letting it out of the system after a review will not be an alternative :)

Roy

Very interesting.
I have just discovered your post.
I have two Isotek Nova GII and an Aquarius.
I connected directly the Isotek Synchro Evo 3 in my amplifier. I don't believe what I listen...Better with no doubt...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing