Balanced Phono Stage with at least two inputs

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
Oslo area, Norway, Europe
The Brinkmann Edison is available with 3 balanced inputs.

Unfortunately it seems there's no distributør of Brinkmann in Norway anymore.

Roy

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
I thought that Stylus Audio was covering all Scandinavia.

I thought so, too, but since it didn't spesify Norway, just the other nordic countries, I got the impression they did not cover Norway. Anyhow they're based outside Norway, which usually means it's harder to get the products for demo.

Roy

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi
I have a Bergmann Sindre,did you compare or have some experience the Sindre Vs Galder?
Phono i have CH P1 and is really wonderful
Regards

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
Hi
I have a Bergmann Sindre,did you compare or have some experience the Sindre Vs Galder?
Phono i have CH P1 and is really wonderful
Regards

I have not tried Sindre, but tried Magne a couple of years ago. Used to have an Avid Acutus SP, which also is a lovely TT, but couldn't afford to sit on two rigs.

Roy

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have not tried Sindre, but tried Magne a couple of years ago. Used to have an Avid Acutus SP, which also is a lovely TT, but couldn't afford to sit on two rigs.

Roy

What is the difference between the two TTs?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
They are similar and also target price is similar,on the Galder you can put 4 arms,and sound seems similar.
Next step is the Sleipner that cost more than double

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
No I meant between the Avid

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
No I meant between the Avid

The Avid is more dynamic and is dead quiet. The air-suspension-system of Bergmann makes some minor noise, but not audible when you play music. The Galder has a more open sound with better holography. I won't say one is better than the other, more that they have their strengths in different areas.

Roy

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I have not heard the Burmester but people who's opinion I respect have heard it and report that its fantastic.

Won't include myself in the realm of people whose opinion you respect, but I used to laud the Ph100 here on WBF. Unfortunately, I've had to take that back. I loved the Ph100 I had - which was the first demo unit in US/Canada. When I finally got my own production unit, to my ears it sounded far from the original demo unit I used and demo'ed with at CES and other events. At that time, the distributor's stock was in my warehouse, and we pulled out several units to inspect. All the production units sounded the same.

Thinking that it was due to lack of running-in, I ran my unit for hundreds and hundreds of hours, but it did not improve. We eventually sent that demo unit back to Dieter to re-evaluate and test against the production run, but unfortunately I never got that unit back. As Dieter has passed away, I don't think I'll ever get my Ph100 back, nor a refund from the distributor.

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
Won't include myself in the realm of people whose opinion you respect, but I used to laud the Ph100 here on WBF. Unfortunately, I've had to take that back. I loved the Ph100 I had - which was the first demo unit in US/Canada. When I finally got my own production unit, to my ears it sounded far from the original demo unit I used and demo'ed with at CES and other events. At that time, the distributor's stock was in my warehouse, and we pulled out several units to inspect. All the production units sounded the same.

Thinking that it was due to lack of running-in, I ran my unit for hundreds and hundreds of hours, but it did not improve. We eventually sent that demo unit back to Dieter to re-evaluate and test against the production run, but unfortunately I never got that unit back. As Dieter has passed away, I don't think I'll ever get my Ph100 back, nor a refund from the distributor.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Burmester. Would be interesting to know what the difference in sound from the demo model to the production model was.

Roy

RadioRoy

Dec 19, 2013
I've made my decision. The order was made yesterday, but due to the fact that the distributor didn't have it stocked, they had do order it from the manufacturer. Hopefully, I'll get it before christmas.

The one I picked, ticked three out of four of my "boxes".

- Balanced in- and outs
- Easy adjustment to pickups
- Two or more inputs
- MM and MC inputs

Roy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing