Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's Best? Soulution, CH Precision, Vitus, or Ayre?

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    can you send me yours for a few weeks? I promise to mail a check soon
    Sure would be fun to hear them with your Altairs if i could make the trip with them!
    Speaker: Wilson X1/Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amps: CJ GAT/Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: SC/IC:TA Opus Gen5/OpusMM2 PC:PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    16 Isolation 'Sandwiches': Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground/Shield: 4 x 16A Lines w/ Furutech Outlets / Burmester948/NordostQX4 / Tripoint (TroySig+Thor) / Entreq (Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap)
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex7308 Mullard(6922 6CA4 6X4) TeleE88CC

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    I went from Nagra class A valves to solid state. With Vitus the over spec UI transformer has a lot to do with the valve like presentation. No replacement valves or biasing to worry about. With the SIA 025 you forget it's an integrated, you forget its only 25 watts in class A. It's just switch on and enjoy.
    Please explain to me your justification for saying that an overspec UI transformer has a lot to do with the valve like presentation of the Vitus. This is the power transformer, right? There are not output transformers on this amp, correct?

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Of the amps have compared Vitus and boulder are my.favorite. I have heard CH and Ayre in shows only so can't compare, though the vivid with CH at a show was sounding great.

The Vitus is full bodied and dense and a great tone, extremely liquid and flowing. The boulder is clean, fast, transparent, more power, and sounds very different from Vitus. If I select Boulder, it will be over Spectral, Gryphon, and Burmester, while Vitus will have a very different sound.

Boulder microdynamics and inflections in vocals were great. Ian for you it's easy to go to Manhattan and listen to Vitus at rsvinta's on Magico. Pick up one of his many Goldmund Apologues on the way back. He won't notice if one is missing, he has been selling so many
    Hey Ked, thx. Ian (Madfloyd) was scheduled to come down for a Vitus/Magico listen, but it has not happened as of yet.
    Audio Dealer/Distributor NYC Two Manhattan locations
    http://www.rhapsody.audio

Devialet, Goldmund, Magico, Raidho, Vitus, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Kaiser, Aurender, Scansonics, Ansuz Acoustics, Aavik Acoustics, REL Acoustics, Ortofon cartridges, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, IPC, Acoustic System International, Novum, Echole, Bybee Technologies

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rvisinta View Post
    Hey Ked, thx. Ian (Madfloyd) was scheduled to come down for a Vitus/Magico listen, but it has not happened as of yet.
    I looked up those Goldmund Apologues - holy crap!
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s, CAT Legend, CH Precision P1
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / SCPS-1 / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I looked up those Goldmund Apologues - holy crap!
    Installed 3 pairs of Apologues this year, one in Soho/NYC, one in Houston Texas and one on Long Island, NY.

Btw, the Apologue "Anniversary" model was a special limited production run of 25 systems. 24 have been sold and installed, one last pair will be produced and then production on the Apologue "Anniversary" model will be completed.
    Audio Dealer/Distributor NYC Two Manhattan locations
    http://www.rhapsody.audio

Devialet, Goldmund, Magico, Raidho, Vitus, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Kaiser, Aurender, Scansonics, Ansuz Acoustics, Aavik Acoustics, REL Acoustics, Ortofon cartridges, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, IPC, Acoustic System International, Novum, Echole, Bybee Technologies

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by rvisinta View Post
    Installed 3 pairs of Apologues this year, one in Soho/NYC, one in Houston Texas and one on Long Island, NY.

Btw, the Apologue "Anniversary" model was a special limited production run of 25 systems. 24 have been sold and installed, one last pair will be produced and then production on the Apologue "Anniversary" model will be completed.
    I heard that the last pair actually has a gold plaque on the side stating "Property of Mad Floyd"

Hi MadFloyd, you ever hear the Vitus? Thoughts?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! MadFloyd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Hi MadFloyd, you ever hear the Vitus? Thoughts?
    No, but I've wanted to for some time.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods Amplification: CAT JL7s, CAT Legend, CH Precision P1
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / SCPS-1 / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon / dCS Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna cables / Shunyata Denali 6000T, Sigma Zitron PC's / Furutech outlets
    Misc: Steve Blinn Designs rack & amp stands

If the question is what are the best amps, then the Boulder 3000 series has to be considered.

I've owned Gryphon Colosseums, Goldmund Telos 2500, Constellation Audio Centaurs, Soulution 710, Vitus SM101s, Mcintosh MC2000 but so far my favourite amp is still the Kondo Ongaku. The others were pretty good too!
    Avid Acutus Turntable, SME V, Benz Micro LP-S
    Audio Research Reference Phono 2 Phono Preamp
    CH Precision C1 DAC
    Meridian Sooloos Music Server
    Kondo M1000 MkII Preamp
    Kondo Kagura Monoblocks
    Sonus Faber Aida

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast