Audio Research DAC 9

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Has anyone purchased ARC's new DAC 9 yet? I know that they recently became available. It would be great to hear any owner's or auditioner's impressions of the sound quality.

Thanks,
Ken

zebo67

VIP/Donor
Apr 27, 2017
systems.audiogon.com
Hello Ken,

DAC9 is a nice sounding DAC but its Linux incompatibility with my Aurender N10 is very disappointing. I have been using AES/EBU connection and the sound is very natural and detailed. The mid-range is very engaging with lush tones (especially female vocals).

zebo67

VIP/Donor
Apr 27, 2017
systems.audiogon.com
Thanks for posting the link, great review. I got about 380 hours on mine, no regrets. Just added LS28 last week, I can hardly wait for these components to reach full burn-in.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Vhiner

Nov 10, 2013
Enthusiastic review of the DAC9 at Hifi+ http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/audio-research-dac-9-digital-converter/

After a Forsell combo I went through the ARC CD7 and CD8 - in all ARC systems they managed to make me enjoy great sounding CD's for many years.

Thanks for posting this. I think Alan's description of the DAC9's sound is spot on. His ability to provide an explanation of ARC's digital design philosophy that is both detailed and insightful is what makes him a great reviewer.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Together with a tantalising mention of a forthcoming Reference line DAC, nice.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing