Thread: Audio Research DAC 9

Audio Research DAC 9

Has anyone purchased ARC's new DAC 9 yet? I know that they recently became available. It would be great to hear any owner's or auditioner's impressions of the sound quality.

Thanks,
    Ken

I am waiting to hear this, the PH9 and the new pre-amp. My dealer should have soon. i need to get rid of my little trusty integrated.

Hello Ken,

DAC9 is a nice sounding DAC but its Linux incompatibility with my Aurender N10 is very disappointing. I have been using AES/EBU connection and the sound is very natural and detailed. The mid-range is very engaging with lush tones (especially female vocals).

Pardon the shameless plug, but here's the latest DAC9 review:

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipmen...earch_dac9.htm

Thanks for posting the link, great review. I got about 380 hours on mine, no regrets. Just added LS28 last week, I can hardly wait for these components to reach full burn-in.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Enthusiastic review of the DAC9 at Hifi+ http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/aud...tal-converter/

After a Forsell combo I went through the ARC CD7 and CD8 - in all ARC systems they managed to make me enjoy great sounding CD's for many years.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's and a DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack : conrad Johnson GAT, Lamm M1.2, TA OPUS MM2 +TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables ...

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Enthusiastic review of the DAC9 at Hifi+ http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/aud...tal-converter/

After a Forsell combo I went through the ARC CD7 and CD8 - in all ARC systems they managed to make me enjoy great sounding CD's for many years.
    Thanks for posting this. I think Alan's description of the DAC9's sound is spot on. His ability to provide an explanation of ARC's digital design philosophy that is both detailed and insightful is what makes him a great reviewer.

Together with a tantalising mention of a forthcoming Reference line DAC, nice.