Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full screen is unavailable.

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C. - Canada
    Alright, a brand new update: this "full screen" youtube minor video issue is not exclusive to WBF. I just discovered it also @ another site.
    _____

Bonus:

All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    But Yash, I just mentioned above that I've checked @ other sites and the issue is not present.
    For the same video?

Reading the other messages in this thread: the forum settings apparently restrict it and now it's enforced somehow.

Other than that, you'll get the same thing anywhere a video is published if the publisher disallows the viewing of Fullscreen unless you go to the publisher's channel.
    Dedicated Audio lines | DSD256 | Audirvana+ | IFI IDSD Nano | DIY Single-Ended Triode Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Quote Originally Posted by YashN View Post
    For the same video?

Reading the other messages in this thread: the forum settings apparently restrict it and now it's enforced somehow.

Other than that, you'll get the same thing anywhere a video is published if the publisher disallows the viewing of Fullscreen unless you go to the publisher's channel.
    Yes, for the same youtube videos, and all other videos. And that issue, as I just mentioned above, is now present @ two other sites (I just discovered another new one, as yesterday there was only one, not two); so it's not exclusive to here. And this thing is very recent; I've never seen it before...not in that exact same manner. I started few days ago with only one site, and now there are three sites having it.

* Two other sites don't have it...yet. I'll keep updating this to see how many more sites will eventually get it, and for any information on this from the internet.
    {When this issue first appeared I googled around to find the reason why, but this is so new that no info is mentioned yet.}

We can still maneuver around by clicking on the small [youtube] video logo @ bottom right; which will transport us to the youtube video website, and then from there click on the full screen logo. But before that, it wasn't necessary to execute those extra steps in order to access full screen directly.
    ________

Bonus (thanks Don for that one):

Last edited by NorthStar; 12-03-2016 at 08:30 PM. Reason: latest update
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

I should update this thread: The issue is completely gone...for a good ten days now.
    There has been some changes with Google Chrome, and Microsoft too; including updating.
    All youtube videos are fine now, from my end.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    I should update this thread: The issue is completely gone...for a good ten days now.
    There has been some changes with Google Chrome, and Microsoft too; including updating.
    All youtube videos are fine now, from my end.
    It's the Christmas Season Bob, it's like the gift that keeps on giving
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Just saw these Bob, it's wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

david

Alright, a brand new update: this "full screen" youtube minor video issue is not exclusive to WBF. I just discovered it also @ another site.
    _____

Bonus:

Audio Industry Affiliate:Lamm, Ortofon, ZYX, Keith Monks, Audio Desk, Pheonix Engineering.
    Specialty & Unique Offerings: Vintage horn speakers, Vintage and Modern Turntables, Analog Accessories.

System 1: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1
    System 2: Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 2- Near field setup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12