Full screen is unavailable.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Learn More

That's what now it says @ the top left corner of each youtube video, like for example:

I just noticed that today; I don't remember ever seeing that in the past.
And to make sure that my settings are ok I just checked @ other sites and there is no issue; I can watch full screen no problemo.
Are you guys seeing the same?
This is brand new to me, and I'm using Google Chrome and all my settings are just fine; I didn't change a thing.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Not new:

Some channel owners would like you to actually go to their YT channel to be able to view full-screen, so it's a way to drive traffic.

As the page linked to (Learn More) indicates, you could have some setting as well that you can modify in your browser.

It's usually the first one though.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
But Yash, I just mentioned above that I've checked @ other sites and the issue is not present.
And before today it wasn't present here. This has just started few hours ago, and only here.

Are you seeing the same? Yes or no?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's not what I meant Steve; it wasn't present earlier...that's all. Are you seeing it too?
_______

Site Settings (www.whatsbestforum.com) for chrome://settings/content

Full Screen

Note: These settings are no longer used on this system, but you can still view and edit them.

________

YashN said:
Some channel owners would like you to actually go to their YT channel to be able to view full-screen, so it's a way to drive traffic.

If I click on the small youtube logo @ the bottom right it brings me to the youtube website, then yes there I can use the full screen option.
I've read the Learn More link above attentively. I've checked my settings, I've checked three other sites with some youtube videos, I have a very good memory from earlier this morning and yesterday, etc., I looked @ the WBF settings for Full Screen, and I just copied and pasted what it says.

I am not an expert on the technical settings of each site I am a member of and others I visit. I honestly mention what just started to appears few hours ago, and that's all.
I am not saying that it's a problem, but the title of each video is now cut off. And it wasn't earlier. What do you want me to say?
I am 100% convinced that it's not a problem originated from WBF, but I would simply love to know if you guys are seeing the same as me; just a simple yes or no, please.
That's all, nothing else, all is super cool. Life has never been better. :b

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I did everything that I could do, @ least according to the right instructions that I followed.
No can do. I'm sure my laptop is defective. Or my browser is caput.

Anyway, it's no big deal; I just wanted to try resolve this very minor issue of minuscule importance...something brand new that just appeared few hours ago and coincidentally only here. But that doesn't mean it has to do with here; I'm just mentioning the facts, just the facts Mam. :b

"Other reasons fullscreen is disabled

Fullscreen may also be disabled in the following cases:

• Your browser may not support fullscreen.
• The owner of the website who has embedded a YouTube player has disabled fullscreen."

1) My browser certainly support fullscreen (I just triple verified).
2) I have no idea, none whatsoever.
_______

This is again my last question: Are any of you seeing that top left corner message..."Full screen is unavailable. Learn More"
Thank you for your answer; that's the best help I can ask for.

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
Are any of you seeing that top left corner message...

Yes.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Has nothing to do with WBF Bob
It does actually. WBF software disables full screen option (it always has) and the latest version of Youtube object is now telling the user that. If your browser is using the older version you may not see it now but will in the future when it gets upgraded.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Are any of you seeing that top left corner message...

Yes.

Thank you Ray, finally. :b I feel good now, I feel better than James Brown.

It does actually. WBF software disables full screen option (it always has) and the latest version of Youtube object is now telling the user that. If your browser is using the older version you may not see it now but will in the future when it gets upgraded.

Amir, like I said I'm no expert, I just shared what I noticed. I spent a fair amount of time in trying to resolve this very unimportant detail but nonetheless a difference that does cut off each youtube video title, as a quick glimpse. I never experienced this particular behavior before, not that I can recall. The first thing I did after noticing it is to check other websites to see if it was my own settings indeed. And no it wasn't because all the other sites that behavior wasn't present. I could use the full screen option of all youtube videos posted.
And even here @ WBF it was just fine prior to yesterday.

My only intention is to improve life where my heart and soul are, to give honest feedback in the most positive/beneficial way, the very best way.
Today this very minor issue still remains, but that's nothing compared to other things that are much much much more important in day-to-day life... :b

Thanks Amir for your "illumination" on this.

Great. Thanks

My day is now complete.

Let me put that in my list of useful information. Does this even matter.

Steve, no it doesn't matter @ all. This was just a simple feedback to the forum feedback box section.
I'm like you Steve; computer's technicalities are not my forte.

* Thx again Ray, and Amir, for the straight answer and explanation.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
But Yash, I just mentioned above that I've checked @ other sites and the issue is not present.

For the same video?

Reading the other messages in this thread: the forum settings apparently restrict it and now it's enforced somehow.

Other than that, you'll get the same thing anywhere a video is published if the publisher disallows the viewing of Fullscreen unless you go to the publisher's channel.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
For the same video?

Reading the other messages in this thread: the forum settings apparently restrict it and now it's enforced somehow.

Other than that, you'll get the same thing anywhere a video is published if the publisher disallows the viewing of Fullscreen unless you go to the publisher's channel.

Yes, for the same youtube videos, and all other videos. And that issue, as I just mentioned above, is now present @ two other sites (I just discovered another new one, as yesterday there was only one, not two); so it's not exclusive to here. And this thing is very recent; I've never seen it before...not in that exact same manner. I started few days ago with only one site, and now there are three sites having it.

* Two other sites don't have it...yet. I'll keep updating this to see how many more sites will eventually get it, and for any information on this from the internet.
{When this issue first appeared I googled around to find the reason why, but this is so new that no info is mentioned yet.}

We can still maneuver around by clicking on the small [youtube] video logo @ bottom right; which will transport us to the youtube video website, and then from there click on the full screen logo. But before that, it wasn't necessary to execute those extra steps in order to access full screen directly.
________

Bonus (thanks Don for that one):

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I should update this thread: The issue is completely gone...for a good ten days now.
There has been some changes with Google Chrome, and Microsoft too; including updating.
All youtube videos are fine now, from my end.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I should update this thread: The issue is completely gone...for a good ten days now.
There has been some changes with Google Chrome, and Microsoft too; including updating.
All youtube videos are fine now, from my end.

It's the Christmas Season Bob, it's like the gift that keeps on giving ;)

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Just saw these Bob, it's wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

david

Alright, a brand new update: this "full screen" youtube minor video issue is not exclusive to WBF. I just discovered it also @ another site.
_____

Bonus:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing