Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full screen is unavailable.

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar

Full screen is unavailable.

Learn More

That's what now it says @ the top left corner of each youtube video, like for example:

I just noticed that today; I don't remember ever seeing that in the past.
    And to make sure that my settings are ok I just checked @ other sites and there is no issue; I can watch full screen no problemo.
    Are you guys seeing the same?
    This is brand new to me, and I'm using Google Chrome and all my settings are just fine; I didn't change a thing.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Not new:

Some channel owners would like you to actually go to their YT channel to be able to view full-screen, so it's a way to drive traffic.

As the page linked to (Learn More) indicates, you could have some setting as well that you can modify in your browser.

It's usually the first one though.
    Dedicated Audio lines | DSD256 | Audirvana+ | IFI IDSD Nano | DIY Single-Ended Triode Tube Amp | Totem Mites

But Yash, I just mentioned above that I've checked @ other sites and the issue is not present.
    And before today it wasn't present here. This has just started few hours ago, and only here.

Are you seeing the same? Yes or no?
    Last edited by NorthStar; 11-29-2016 at 11:01 PM. Reason: smooth
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Has nothing to do with WBF Bob
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

That's not what I meant Steve; it wasn't present earlier...that's all. Are you seeing it too?
    _______

Site Settings (www.whatsbestforum.com) for chrome://settings/content

Full Screen

Note: These settings are no longer used on this system, but you can still view and edit them.

________

Quote Originally Posted by YashN
    Some channel owners would like you to actually go to their YT channel to be able to view full-screen, so it's a way to drive traffic.
    If I click on the small youtube logo @ the bottom right it brings me to the youtube website, then yes there I can use the full screen option.
    I've read the Learn More link above attentively. I've checked my settings, I've checked three other sites with some youtube videos, I have a very good memory from earlier this morning and yesterday, etc., I looked @ the WBF settings for Full Screen, and I just copied and pasted what it says.

I am not an expert on the technical settings of each site I am a member of and others I visit. I honestly mention what just started to appears few hours ago, and that's all.
    I am not saying that it's a problem, but the title of each video is now cut off. And it wasn't earlier. What do you want me to say?
    I am 100% convinced that it's not a problem originated from WBF, but I would simply love to know if you guys are seeing the same as me; just a simple yes or no, please.
    That's all, nothing else, all is super cool. Life has never been better.
    Last edited by NorthStar; 12-03-2016 at 06:33 PM.

I did everything that I could do, @ least according to the right instructions that I followed.
    No can do. I'm sure my laptop is defective. Or my browser is caput.

Anyway, it's no big deal; I just wanted to try resolve this very minor issue of minuscule importance...something brand new that just appeared few hours ago and coincidentally only here. But that doesn't mean it has to do with here; I'm just mentioning the facts, just the facts Mam.

"Other reasons fullscreen is disabled

Fullscreen may also be disabled in the following cases:

Your browser may not support fullscreen.
    The owner of the website who has embedded a YouTube player has disabled fullscreen."

1) My browser certainly support fullscreen (I just triple verified).
    2) I have no idea, none whatsoever.
    _______

This is again my last question: Are any of you seeing that top left corner message..."Full screen is unavailable. Learn More"
    Thank you for your answer; that's the best help I can ask for.

Are any of you seeing that top left corner message...

Yes.
    I'll be back later...

System: Equitech 1.5RQ - OpenDRC-DI w/AcourateDRC - DAC2 - Krell KCT and FPB 350mcx - MartinLogan reQuest

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Has nothing to do with WBF Bob
    It does actually. WBF software disables full screen option (it always has) and the latest version of Youtube object is now telling the user that. If your browser is using the older version you may not see it now but will in the future when it gets upgraded.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Great. Thanks

My day is now complete.

Let me put that in my list of useful information. Does this even matter.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by RayDunzl View Post
    Are any of you seeing that top left corner message...

Yes.
    Thank you Ray, finally. I feel good now, I feel better than James Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by amirm View Post
    It does actually. WBF software disables full screen option (it always has) and the latest version of Youtube object is now telling the user that. If your browser is using the older version you may not see it now but will in the future when it gets upgraded.
    Amir, like I said I'm no expert, I just shared what I noticed. I spent a fair amount of time in trying to resolve this very unimportant detail but nonetheless a difference that does cut off each youtube video title, as a quick glimpse. I never experienced this particular behavior before, not that I can recall. The first thing I did after noticing it is to check other websites to see if it was my own settings indeed. And no it wasn't because all the other sites that behavior wasn't present. I could use the full screen option of all youtube videos posted.
    And even here @ WBF it was just fine prior to yesterday.

My only intention is to improve life where my heart and soul are, to give honest feedback in the most positive/beneficial way, the very best way.
    Today this very minor issue still remains, but that's nothing compared to other things that are much much much more important in day-to-day life...

Thanks Amir for your "illumination" on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Great. Thanks

My day is now complete.

Let me put that in my list of useful information. Does this even matter.
    Steve, no it doesn't matter @ all. This was just a simple feedback to the forum feedback box section.
    I'm like you Steve; computer's technicalities are not my forte.

* Thx again Ray, and Amir, for the straight answer and explanation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast