Our planet Earth | Climate changes | Science | Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It won't be long now for her to be free ...

Antarctic ice shelf crack is 'very close' to calving off and creating one of the biggest icebergs ever recorded

_____

If you google around and check scientific studies on which world countries contribute the most to the warming of our planet you might not be so surprised.
...And what ingredients created by man: http://timeforchange.org/CO2-cause-of-global-warming

Elon Musk is the guy behind the Tesla car: http://fortune.com/2015/12/02/elon-musk-carbon-tax-paris/
_____

Today is June 1st, 2017 and I just don't know where we are going exactly, but we sure are getting there fast.
Today I listened to some great International Classical music. Last night I watched a great documentary on the most beautiful jungles of our planet.
Tonight I'm making a beef stew. When I saw some of the news this morning about a Canadian registered nurse who used insulin to 'liberate' some of her patients...I vomited.

I feel so lucky to be alive and have a stereo sound system to take me far away from this world's crazy/sick people.
I don't watch TV but I read the Internet news to keep me active intellectually. Our planet's climate change is something I am pursuing in learning more, no doubt. A great economy, good paying jobs, low taxes, solid investments in a sane and healthy planet is part of my musical and cinematic diet. Everything is important, I am interested by all of what we do, how we do it, and for who.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Not to worry. Man will destroy himself long before the planet does.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's exactly what I ....

I'm not worry about man's extraordinary survival instinct, I'm not worry about our planet's rich natural resources, I'm not worry about clean air from the forests and icebergs melting, I'm not worry about our radioactive oceans, lakes and rivers, I ain't worry about a thing because it's when pushed @ the edge of precipice that man's best values start to kick in, ...@ the world's end of apocalypse.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Massive Iceberg Six Times The Size Of Manhattan Breaks Off ...

And now she's free ...

Iceberg the size of P.E.I. breaks off Antarctica, putting ice shelf in 'very vulnerable position'

"Scientists says it was a natural event that wasn't caused by man-made climate change and the big break won't affect sea levels in the short term."

There is no reason for alarm, so please keep doing what your normally love doing...listening to some sweet music...everywhere, anywhere, anytime. :b

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
That would have cooled off the pool quite well recently.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
It's very hard to take the Discovery Channel seriously on their documentaries when they have shows like "MERMAIDS: Evidence for their existence" or some similar title which was a totally bogus show with totally bogus "experts" that they interviewed.

I'm much more in line with the unexcitable physicists who cite much warmer and cooler climates for the planet long before people infested the planet.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That would have cooled off the pool quite well recently.

Yes Ron, icebergs are welcome during summer time; in particular right now on the west coast of USA and also of Canada. Plus from the water we can melt, it could help fighting forest fires right now which are multiples in the USA and in Canada, because of the very hot and dry weather.
...Plus the swimming pool, of course.

It's very hard to take the Discovery Channel seriously on their documentaries when they have shows like "MERMAIDS: Evidence for their existence" or some similar title which was a totally bogus show with totally bogus "experts" that they interviewed.

I'm much more in line with the unexcitable physicists who cite much warmer and cooler climates for the planet long before people infested the planet.

Gary, this is not the Disney channel. ...Nothing close to Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck.

We are in an era of a warmer Earth, and the scientists are keeping track of the temperature plus all that jazz. That big iceberg which just separated is very very big, and with time I bet we'll see the effects. It's a natural event, like they just said.
But there are other stuff which is man-made (carbon monoxide, fossil CO2 emission, smoke from coal chimneys, nuclear reactors, chemicals disposal, underground and air pollution, dumps, etc.) and have also an effect on how we run our environmental planet. Most people don't put much attention; they live they die that's all. But other people care more, for the next generations coming after us...say one billion years from now when we'll be living on other polluted planets of our galaxy or from other galaxies of the universe.
It's like recycling the human species, for survival through time and space. Everything is important. :b ...Just like our sound systems, our families, our homes, our cars, the price of oil, electricity, solar energy, wind turbines, wave generators, renewed energies that are pure, non-polluting, clean for us and our environment...even for our brain.

We're not doing too good, IMO. Sure, we live with some illusions too, but we are a sensitive species. We need a balance for all of us so that we can feel equal and worthy.
Life is a privilege worth preserving in all aspects; geographical, ecological, spiritual, ethical, balanced, cultural, economical, social, secured. I think.
Nobody is perfect, we all try our best. And anything short of the best is where help is needed, to keep up with the rest. :b

Time and space are two extremely valuable commodities. They help contributing to peace which is needed for a man-made well generated/managed planet.
The real power is there, and nowhere else. We need to plant trees in our cities, trees @ ground level and also on all floors/levels.
We also need much more water (ocean water that we process to be drinkable and usable). We need to protect our oceans from contaminated radiation.
And we need some sort of sprinkler systems for our forests, during forest fires.
Water is power...clean water. That iceberg I bet contains clean ice.

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Bob, People tend to forget about Fukishima and dumping tons of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean. IIRC it was March 2011 and who knows where the radioactive blob is after it broke containment. Trouble is the technology does not exist yet to make any head way to handle such high radioactive levels. Oh well...absolutely no government leadership or the will to address this problem. No doubt when it becomes serious enough then we'll hear about it,but too late.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
She's not very eloquent and this isn't a glitzty production but watch the entire video Bob and then go back and watch the "produced" climate change agend videos again with this knowledge...

david

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
It's such an emotive issue. There are just so many clever people out there trying just to own the debate here... and there is of course always a certain intellectual power in being the ones that are right for sure.

The United Nations, the World Meteorological Organisation and NASA as well as many other more established and validated regional scientific bodies like the CSIRO in the Southern Hemisphere have shown the way with incredibly intensive, deeper research into working towards gathering a sufficient body of well reasoned scientific evidence to get some consensus on this issue since the 1990s.

The United Nations has been gathering peer reviewed data from over 2500 scientists engaged directly in this research and the evidence has gone well beyond reasonable doubt at this point. Every numpty on the planet who wants to have their crackpot views heard on this are more than welcome to join in and twist and manipulate against the overwhelming body of genuine established scientific evidence that the climate on this planet is changing directly due to the effects of human activity.

What is the problem with humankind that it simply doesn't get that the survival of the generations to come is potentially based upon our choice to refuse or accept the evidence that human activity as it is has gone well beyond what this planet can possibly bare through time.

Who in all responsibility wants to blindly gamble with the future of all generations to come just perhaps because accepting true responsibility for our unsustainable behaviour and then changing our ways is inconvenient or requires some compromise in what can be relatively simple, bearable, equitable and potentially viable ways that we can then go on to behave so that we may help ensure life here for humankind and all still existing species into the future. We can be a blindly, selfish and self involved, short term thinking and thoughtless species or we can choose to be the ones who cared enough to turn it around for all those to come.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Tao, climate changes have been going on for billions of years resulting in major upheavals across the planet it's nothing new deniable or stoppable, the issue here is the "Climate Control Agenda" and the people behind it. There are things like cap and trade which will control everything we do, how we live what we consume while turning a profit for people running those exchanges. Google CCX or Chicago Climate Exchange, the people behind it and how was set to take over our lives and by luck the agenda failed when Republicans won the house and it shut down almost the next day. I have a problem with people like Musk benefiting financially on the backs of us taxpayers and possibly to the detriment of better technologies because of climate change agenda. This is what and who we're arguing against. Why don't you spend a little time watching the videos linked here, mine and 16hz lover's that has the scientists on the 2500 list disputing the publication and the use of their name. The evidence seems to point at data manipulation and lies about man's contribution to so called global warming. Having young children I'm very sensitive to what we leave future generations, the benefactors of climate change agenda are in the here and now the losers are those that come next! Us giving up much of their freedoms and control of their resources to people with personal agendas is not only irresponsible but criminal. Do you actually believe that natural climate occurances that created the continents or the change of earth's axis can be managed by shady bureaucracies plundering us?

david

It's such an emotive issue. There are just so many clever people out there trying just to own the debate here... and there is of course always a certain intellectual power in being the ones that are right for sure.

The United Nations, the World Meteorological Organisation and NASA as well as many other more established and validated regional scientific bodies like the CSIRO in the Southern Hemisphere have shown the way with incredibly intensive, deeper research into working towards gathering a sufficient body of well reasoned scientific evidence to get some consensus on this issue since the 1990s.

The United Nations has been gathering peer reviewed data from over 2500 scientists engaged directly in this research and the evidence has gone well beyond reasonable doubt at this point. Every numpty on the planet who wants to have their crackpot views heard on this are more than welcome to join in and twist and manipulate against the overwhelming body of genuine established scientific evidence that the climate on this planet is changing directly due to the effects of human activity.

What is the problem with humankind that it simply doesn't get that the survival of the generations to come is potentially based upon our choice to refuse or accept the evidence that human activity as it is has gone well beyond what this planet can possibly bare through time.

Who in all responsibility wants to blindly gamble with the future of all generations to come just perhaps because accepting true responsibility for our unsustainable behaviour and then changing our ways is inconvenient or requires some compromise in what can be relatively simple, bearable, equitable and potentially viable ways that we can then go on to behave so that we may help ensure life here for humankind and all still existing species into the future. We can be a blindly, selfish and self involved, short term thinking and thoughtless species or we can choose to be the ones who cared enough to turn it around for all those to come.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Well said, sound of Tao.

Whst will our children and grandchildren think of us who will have to bear the consequences the most?

Will they appreciate the current thinking of many pepple as just formulated by David? I think not. They will probably despair a few decades from now, "what on earth were they thinking, father and grandpa?".

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
David, respectfully I did watch the videos linked and just didn't find anything approaching transparency or a debate without clear political agenda.

I have been training specifically in sustainability to broad industry and especially landscape designers for over a decade so none of this is exactly new to me nor the traditionally formulated arguments by the extremes on both sides is at all unfamiliar in character or theme however I do come from the centre in this debate and still stand by all I said above.

This isn't about individuals, this is an issue for all. We all use the resources that are creating the issue. We all need to modify our behaviour if we are to get resource usage down to a sustainable level, this is not just about greenhouse gas emmissions or their potential impacts, this is about the imbalance of social, environmental and economic forces that are being played out by our unmanageable rapid expansion as a species.

I respect doubt but not the kind of overt manipulation that a handful of those at the extreme use to just win their prospective arguments. In the end this is not about our generation, this is about the ones who come. If we don't change then the solution will come once we are all gone. The future is just waiting for us to do the right thing or get out of the way so the next generations can move forward and save themselves from the legacy of the outcomes of the fossil fuel era. Musk will be gone, all of today's politicians will be gone, forgotten because nothing will matter more than the future. I hope they win.

Tao, climate changes have been going on for billions of years resulting in major upheavals across the planet it's nothing new deniable or stoppable, the issue here is the "Climate Control Agenda" and the people behind it. There are things like cap and trade which will control everything we do, how we live what we consume while turning a profit for people running those exchanges. Google CCX or Chicago Climate Exchange, the people behind it and how was set to take over our lives and by luck the agenda failed when Republicans won the house and it shut down almost the next day. I have a problem with people like Musk benefiting financially on the backs of us taxpayers and possibly to the detriment of better technologies because of climate change agenda. This is what and who we're arguing against. Why don't you spend a little time watching the videos linked here, mine and 16hz lover's that has the scientists on the 2500 list disputing the publication and the use of their name. The evidence seems to point at data manipulation and lies about man's contribution to so called global warming. Having young children I'm very sensitive to what we leave future generations, the benefactors of climate change agenda are in the here and now the losers are those that come next! Us giving up much of their freedoms and control of their resources to people with personal agendas is not only irresponsible but criminal. Do you actually believe that natural climate occurances that created the continents or the change of earth's axis can be managed by shady bureaucracies plundering us?

david

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Tao, climate changes have been going on for billions of years resulting in major upheavals across the planet

That is true. However, human civilization only exists since about 11,000 years -- a tiny sliver out of geological deep time -- and in that time changes have not been drastic. A global temperature rise of 4 degrees celsius may be catastrophic for our future generations. Even the Pentagon has chimed in on climate change, declaring that is a major national security threat.

Our children and grandchildren may well say decades from now, "how could they [our parents and grandparents] do this to us?". What a shameful and disastrous legacy this will be.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks Al, it would be great to be respected for at least practising due precautionary principle by our grandchildren and great grandchildren but in the end as long as they have access to a bearable standard of life that is all that is genuinely important outcome of this debate.

I do believe that we can help make future generations job easier by acting on the side of precaution now but in the end we will be a generation that sat on the cusp of awareness and the precipice between species survival (or not) that this battle will be won or lost by those of the near future. We are just dinosaurs.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Not my formulation Al, carbon exchanges for profit and unelected regulatory bodies taking control of earth's resources and industries dictating habits & lifestyles are facts behind the climate change agenda that you conveniently ignore. Such utopias already exist, they're called prisons and the lifestyle is incarceration!

david

Well said, sound of Tao.

Whst will our children and grandchildren think of us who will have to bear the consequences the most?

Will they appreciate the current thinking of many pepple as just formulated by David? I think not. They will probably despair a few decades from now, "what on earth were they thinking, father and grandpa?".

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Not my formulation Al, carbon exchanges for profit and unelected regulatory bodies taking control of earth's resources and industries dictating habits & lifestyles are facts behind the climate change agenda that you conveniently ignore. Such utopias already exist, they're called prisons and the lifestyle is incarceration!

david

You can rationalize and deny the facts all you want, David, but our future generations will not be able to appreciate such thinking at all. Depending on the final outcome they may loathe us. And perhaps understandably so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing