Come Together – a film directed by Wes Anderson starring Adrien Brody – H&M

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
How unusual, there were smiles in it. I'm a fan of many of his films too. Few people realize most of his films have zero smiling in them. I've had arguments about it because it's sooooo easy to recreate the memory of smiles where you'd assume they'd be. But the reality is one reason you can recognize his aesthetic so quickly is few to zero smiles for a whole movie.

For example Moonrise Kingdom. I counted. Zero true smiles, two smirks of interest that can throw you off. Why is that weird? Maybe because it has a couple dozen kids in it, and kids smile even when it makes no sense.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Count me among those who didn't realize no one smiled in Wes Anderson movies. I've enjoyed a number of his films.

Guess you learn something new every day. I will watch for this next time I see one of his movies.

I did enjoy this Christmas short, too.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Count me among those who didn't realize no one smiled in Wes Anderson movies. I've enjoyed a number of his films.

Guess you learn something new every day. I will watch for this next time I see one of his movies.

I did enjoy this Christmas short, too.

I'm sure there's one or two smiles in a few of them, but you'll realize as you try to count that they're RARE if exist at all. Wes Anderson himself does not smile, like, ever. It may not be a *rule* but rather he just never writes smiling into the actors role.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing