I'm Canadian ... Grey Cup 2016

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I used to play and watch the major team sports...hockey, football, baseball...
I don't watch anymore, but yesterday somehow I watched the Grey Cup.

Calgary and Ottawa were playing. That was one of the craziest football games I ever saw!
Calgary was the big favorite, but they played so bad in the first half.
Then they came back and could have won the cup but no, the Calgary coach lost his mind!

Bravo Ottawa; Calgary just gave you the cup.

I'm not posting any link; but to the members here who saw that game...they understand very well what happened yesterday. What a mess!
I was cheering for Calgary; the only reason because they are closer to where I live now.
Forget the first half; they were truly bad. And the second half? The last one minute I was certain they'd win. But no, that wasn't meant to be, it looked like it was rigged! And it wasn't, it was a fatal call by the Calgary coach...pure and simple...in those last few seconds.
To me it appeared like he can't handle the Grey Cup. Oh well, next time maybe...next year...

Meanwhile he should go back and coach young children from the Pee-Wee league.

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
I watched the last quarter plus. It's the same sport as American football, but a very different game. Hate the world football type perimeter video advertising display.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
They have different rules, different salaries, different players, different mentalities, different drives, different everything...between Canada and USA...on football. Even the raising of the players was done by different mothers. :b

The name of the game itself is the same. That Grey Cup yesterday was just...weird, not much excitement. I don't think I want to watch more in the future; I'd rather learn some educative stuff from some great documentaries, or sci-fi flicks with a twist, or films with a zest of life. :b

? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_football

I enjoyed playing the game in my college years; we won the championship each and every year...we were the best team.
Eventually the sport will mature in the right direction; yesterday wasn't. ...IMHO
Calgary weren't into the game, like if their brain were drifting somewhere else, anywhere except on the field.
Sure, they got some great momentum going on in the second half, only to crash down @ the end when it was needed the most...to win that Grey Cup, as true champions.
The polls were all wrong, the predictions fell down, the stats meant nothing. The team wasn't working together. They lost.

Ottawa won, and that's all it really matters...the winners, not the losers. So congrats Redblacks. And hasta la vista Stampeders.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing