Homeland-New Season

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Only about three hours to go to see how they end the series. I won't post anything later tonight to be careful not to spoil the ending for anyone, especially any of you West Coasters.

Enjoy!!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
and there was a trailer for the last episode which i saw for a few seconds yesterday. i didn't want to see too much.

waiting now for the finale.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I predict Saul has them all outmaneuvered somehow. I wouldn't bet on it, though, given the tendency toward tragic outcomes.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great finale. What more can we ask.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
I echo Steve's comments. The finale was terrific.... and with some great jazz to boot!! And Carrie and Saul did not stray from who they were.

Reactions: Steve Williams

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I agree that the finale was excellent. Plenty of suspense and as noted above.both Carrie and Saul acted in character ‘till the end.

Reactions: jeff1225

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For me, I was blind sided by the ending until Saul read the message. I knew something wasn't right watching Carrie and her new husband attending a jazz concert and wondering that they couldn't be in the USA because he is a Russian spy. It suddenly hits you when Carrie visits the ladies room and there is an exchange of purses and then the package is delivered to Saul in a subsequent scene where he reads the message . It suddenly hits you like a ton of bricks as the scene ends and there is a fade to black. Carrie has redeemed herself for everything she has done and only in the way she knows best. She gave up her daughter, married a Russian spy and continued to work now as the mole inside the Kremlin. The icing on the cake was the book she wrote and how she continued to pass information to Saul was identical to how the previous mole did it

Sure leaves the door open for something to follow, although for me I just could not have written a more perfect ending and I would let sleeping dogs lie and just smiled as it ended. It was simply brilliant writing that had me right to the end.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I guessed what was going to happen when they went to the wide shot when they were listening to the music and you could see the woman get up in the background and Carrie went to the ladies room soon after. As soon as Saul received the package I guessed what would happen but assumed it would be ”red” book and was surprised at the subject. The book cleared up what we had seen in Carrie’s apartment Just before they left for the concert.

Reactions: Mark Seaton

Steve Williams

I guessed what was going to happen when they went to the wide shot when they were listening to the music and you could see the woman get up in the background and Carrie went to the ladies room soon after. As soon as Saul received the package I guessed what would happen but assumed it would be ”red” book and was surprised at the subject. The book cleared up what we had seen in Carrie’s apartment Just before they left for the concert.

I thought the same thing although I wasn't sure who Carrie was going to meet and whether someone was going to get "goo on their neck" again

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
After several disappointments in series finales, Game of Thrones and The Man in the High Castle to name two, I am thrilled with the ending of Homeland. What is more satisfying that Carrie being exiled in Russia and becoming the new asset for Saul? The ultimate sacrifice for someone that has sacrificed everything for her country, being a perceived enemy of it.

Best in class.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I thought the same thing although I wasn't sure who Carrie was going to meet and whether someone was going to get "goo on their neck" again
When I first saw the women get up I guessed incorrectly that it was going to be Jenna Bragg the CIA agent she took advantage of all season. I was wrong.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have to thank COVID 19 for something and that was having the time to binge watch this series. In the last two weeks I have watched all 96 episodes and was truly entertained. The first two seasons are for me some of the best writing on TV. I think that the middle had some plot flaws and maybe was a down a level form the first two but I loved the lady presidents speech at the end of season 7 and loved the last year and the ending was by far better than I expected. I was not let down at all like in GOT or the Soprano's. Claire Danes did a masterful job and I am going to miss this show a lot.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think this is the first time I saw a face of Carrie smiling but with a much bigger satisfaction since she knew Saul will be reading her message. That was as good an ending as I've seen which is the reverse of Dexter. :)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I just found out that Hugh Dancy who played John Zabel the Presidents advisor in Season 8 is Claire Danes' husband.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I started something else and in case none of you have seen or heard of it I highly recommend Fauda on Netflix.
It does a great job of telling both sides of a story. It is about a Israeli counter intelligence operative in the West Bank. It was written by the star and he was in the Israeli Special forces and his writing partner who is a journalist who wrote about the Arab world.
I like it!

Steve Williams

I started something else and in case none of you have seen or heard of it I highly recommend Fauda on Netflix.
It does a great job of telling both sides of a story. It is about a Israeli counter intelligence operative in the West Bank. It was written by the star and he was in the Israeli Special forces and his writing partner who is a journalist who wrote about the Arab world.
I like it!
I was the one who introduced Fauda to WBF 3 years ago

love that show

Shown from the eyes of both Israelis and Muslims

This year was very good . All 3 seasons a re worth watching

Elllot have a look at Hunters on Prime

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I was the one who introduced Fauda to WBF 3 years ago

love that show

Shown from the eyes of both Israelis and Muslims

This year was very good . All 3 seasons a re worth watching

Elllot have a look at Hunters on Prime
I've watched more TV in the last Month than in the last 5 years combined. I know I am the last one to the dance but I like that show and I am very much a drama guy with good character development. If I don't care about the characters I don't watch. Besides there are no sports to watch and I HATE what ESPN has become for a long time. I hate being preached too and told how to think. Like everyone else I miss my life. I also think its going to be sometime before we get it back. Stay Safe, enjoy the music, be grateful and be kind.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing