Homeland-New Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good season finale. Dar is finally taken down. And Saul is arrested as well. Seems there is some martial law enforced and the lady president is becomes tough.

Maybe next season would be about North Korea.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Good season finale. Dar is finally taken down. And Saul is arrested as well. Seems there is some martial law enforced and the lady president is becomes tough.

Maybe next season would be about North Korea.

Thanks for the spoiler.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought it was the weakest of all previous season finales. The issue with Quinn was inevitable as was Dar. I thought the way Dar was dealt with was feeble. We just see him with Saul as a visitor but never got to see the take down. As for the president the issue is martial law of sorts is bothersome. I was thinking she should have resigned.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I pity the senator who was locked in a freezer room with only his under wear and then thrown a bucket of water into his body. Dar can be so heartless.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I get that it's entertainment and the whole suspension of disbelief, but this season was incredibly disjointed and not believable. I only watched because my wife enjoys it.

Steve Williams

I get that it's entertainment and the whole suspension of disbelief, but this season was incredibly disjointed and not believable. I only watched because my wife enjoys it.

It was an interesting season but far from any of its predecessors. The ending for me was very weak.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I liked it. The show brought up a lot of points. Intelligence agencies wield an enormous amount of power without meaningful oversight or direct election by the populace. A right wing conspiracy could very well take out our government by coup, we are not immune. Intelligence agencies routinely manipulate and misinform politicians, and represent a different polity than that elected.

Dar was portrayed as having involvement only in the disinformation, not the blood shed or the bloody coup. Also, with the twist on the twist, Dar was possibly right because Keane is not what she seems. After all, we vote for a generated mythology, and the actual person and underlying motive is always a mystery. I suppose you could toss the Trump/Russian connection into the mix, albeit with the liberal female Pres rather than a conservative Pres. They said the recent election results were not in when the show was wrapped. I think they presumed Hillary would win. They also said they modified the ending due to the actual election results, but did not specify how. I do rather wonder why the obnoxious talk show host was not immediately arrested.

Keane was portrayed as an independent counsel, a constitutional lawyer, and independently wealthy in previous seasons. The fact that she could be some kind of mole, herself, with an agenda, rather than the pure political naif, was broached at the end when things deteriorated into a witch hunt and suspension of rights. Kerry staring at the Capitol and wondering was a chilly finale.

I thought it was good and a good setup for the next season, but I will miss Quinn. I imagine Dar and Saul will be sprung at some point.

Steve Williams

I don't see Dar getting out any time soon. Why do you say that. Saul for sure. As for Carrie looking out at the Capitol at the end I can't see her working for Keane. Besides the social worker from child protective services seemed to have some allegiance with Dar so if she hates Keane as well she might not give Carrie her daughter back. The ending did not show the take down of the special ops unit that wanted to kill the President. All in all for me it wasn't the cliff hanger ending of years gone by.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I think Dar is the "dirty silverware" agent. Anybody can use him, they just have to wash him off, then take him out of the drawer to re-use him. He is too useful to leave mouldering in prison.

I don't know what the arc has in store for him, maybe that depends on contract negotiations withe the actor, but I would think they would continue to do something with the character aside from leaving him in prison, but maybe not.

It does seem that with ensemble series, there is always the possibility that a character will have to go due to off screen negotiations over the role and money, so series seem to leave room to either dispose of a character or keep him going.

Dar was always the guy playing four dimensional chess while Carrie and Saul were playing two and three dimensional chess.

Carrie got some excellent lip trembling in the last segment, though, so there was that.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I thought this season was fantastic - ended up binge watching the last half of it this weekend. The only thing that sucked was Keefe's accent.

The relationship with family members woven through the season was excellent providing character depth - whether it was Sauls sister (or Meera), Franny, Keane's dead son, or even Dar's relationship with Quinn. It provided an interesting twist on how they viewed decision making.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
New Season started last Week. Nice pilot episode.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I have watched the first two episodes now for the current season and it here are my initial thoughts. 1) The entire premise is scary 2) Carrie is again driving me nuts. What we have learned over the years is that we have to put up with her craziness for x number of episodes before she becomes the hero. My favorite line from Saul sums it up.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I'm happy with the season to far. It looks like they (like many) guessed wrong with who was going to win the US election but they're going with the plot line nonetheless. Really love the Andrew Jones InfoWars character, he not being able to handle a weapon was classic.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I stopped after 3 episodes. Too much of Carrie and her medications. I would have thought the series was over by now.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I stopped after 3 episodes. Too much of Carrie and her medications. I would have thought the series was over by now.

yes, switching meds as a storyline is borderline laughable 7 seasons in

as was Saul becoming NSA and not being fired for Lucasville (or even being in charge in the first place)

as was Carrie starting her own black ops team after her "Jane Doe" experience based on alleged "moral duty" where some random FBI dude is happy to help out for no reason- basically they had to replace Quinn. and almost forgot the stupid laptop ransomware that no federal agent would ever click on. and her sister should have institutionalized Carrie in the first place if she's that bad and ran up the bills.

...its all so far-fetched, its become House of Cards after season 3. they've run out of story. every episode has to have some big ending and the nuance of the show has been lost.

ps. Keefe still has the worst accent on TV.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing