Sabrina named Stereophile's 2016 Loudspeaker and Overall Component of the Year.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I am not astonished - in shop auditions it was the component that impressed me more this year. Coupled to an Audio Research REF 150SE it managed to create a large space where voices and instruments floated in space, free from the equipment in a way that very few manage to. The speaker I would buy if I needed a small size speaker. However it needs very careful pairing.

Your statement there floors me....just saying.

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?
I am not astonished - in shop auditions it was the component that impressed me more this year. Coupled to an Audio Research REF 150SE it managed to create a large space where voices and instruments floated in space, free from the equipment in a way that very few manage to. The speaker I would buy if I needed a small size speaker. However it needs very careful pairing.

higher end ARC gear really has that ability to create a realistic image that is unique to them. i dont know how they do it ... perhaps because they have a many years of r&d. i can tell you as the owner of a small arc integrated i get just a tiny taste of it. the bigger ref stuff really makes anything sound incredible. i wish i could afford.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Demos that I have heard of the Sabrina tell me this is a great selection for compknent of the year. Yes, I have become a fan of Wilson since the Sashas were introduced, and they've only gotten better. Now all the knowledge of the last decades of R&D is available in a relatively affordable speaker that is a joy to listen to and performs far above its price point. (IMHO)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
We heard this in a room where you could take one big setup from the line between the speakers to the seat. With ARC gear. Sounded quite nice and integrated, an excellent match for small rooms, but Heco Direkt and Goldinote are also excellent for small rooms at much lower price. This will have better resale and service through more distribution though.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
We heard this in a room where you could take one big setup from the line between the speakers to the seat. With ARC gear. Sounded quite nice and integrated, an excellent match for small rooms, but Heco Direkt and Goldinote are also excellent for small rooms at much lower price. This will have better resale and service through more distribution though.

If it just sounded nice and integrated it was not a good demo... :( IMHO the Sabrina is much than that. BTW, I have also listened to it in a medium sized room sounding excellent.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing