What do you think separates very successful luxury companies from the less successful

Would you ever buy a loudspeaker without hearing it first?

• I went to a dealer first and that's the only way I would buy!

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • I went to a dealer, but I would buy without hearing if there is a trial period!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • I bought my loudspeakers sight unheard!

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Magico doesn't market that much?

VSA hasn't always offered such high end speakers as far as I know. All the older models seem to be in a different price range than all their new high end stuff.

Wilson went big and never stopped.

Martin Logan has lots of contracts with electronics stores that don't really carry anything else that's audiophile. They also have a clear shtick that others can't offer. In your average electronics store it's not hard to tell someone a Martin Logan is superior because of it's non-dynamic driver design. It's not like they're going to know much better when listening, and there certainly won't be anything to compare to it since the other line they're going to have will be Klipsch.

How big is the Avalon company in Europe, compared to Wilson?

I'm interested in the main question, really, but I can't answer that myself. I'm not very average.

The fact is an ML is superior in many ways to a dynamic. Demonstrating that to a customer cannot accurately be referred to as a "Shtick " Some aspects of reproduction are better handled by dynamic speakers.
Martin Logan has a multi-tiered dealer network.
Not of all their high end products are available at the lower end stores.
It is nice to be able to go to the mall and hear an ML paired with McIntosh and a turntable. Not every potential customer has high end store nearby.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing