7.3-magnitude earthquake strikes off Japan | Now: November 21, 2016 @ 4:29 PM (ET)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Watch the short video from that link; http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/21/asia/japan-earthquake/

In the past I mentioned that radioactivity leak into the Pacific Ocean, from the 2011 tsunami. They are struggling today to contain the un-containable.
This is serious news that will affect many many years to come, but the diversion is happening on other news.
I will keep track of this situation, and read what the world's top scientists have to say about it, and share their findings, right here.

? http://ourradioactiveocean.org/
______

You remember Chernobyl (1986)? Do you know where it's @ today? ...And its surroundings areas with its people?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/samira-goetschel/ozersk-city-40-russia_b_9857470.html
http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/09/18/russias-secret-city-the-most-radioactive-place-on-earth/
http://weirdrussia.com/2015/08/10/the-closed-cities-of-russia/

I don't know if there are secret towns that are closed to the public in Japan, in the USA, in Canada, with people living in them and not allowed to get out.
In Russia I'm sure there are, still today. ...About China, North Korea, Iran, ...?
Are our scientists that ignorant? ...On the risks of radioactive contamination on our planet, our undergrounds, our waters, our oceans, our atmosphere, our breathing air?
Is human survival and existence less important than the development of nuclear energy?
Would you eat the food from your garden knowing that the earth underneath is not fully radioactive-free?
...Or eat the salmons from the Pacific knowing they might have been in contact with a little amount of radioactivity?
How long can we expect to live on average in North America; say for the women? ...And for the men?
Sure, today might not be that bad, but about tomorrow?
Are they going to come up with anti-radioactivity pills and shots, some of them pharmaceutical companies?
______

The full documentary ? is on Netflix. Or you can watch The Crown ? if you can't stomach it.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yes, the radioactive pollution is no joke and it is being largely ignored. Scary!

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Yes, the radioactive pollution is no joke and it is being largely ignored. Scary!

Actually the technology does not exist at this time to deal with the melt downs of the reactors at Fukushima. I am surprised that a world wide effort has not been made to develop and research ways to deal with the situation. If another great quake struck near Fukushima it would be catastrophic for North America and especially for the West Coast.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Today is December 9, 2016 and we live in a world of hiding the real true news by substituting other FAKE news. It has become the norm now; a life of lies from the news media and a world that slowly regresses instead of evolving positively. This is not my idea, this is not what I'm saying or reading, this is what's going on and how the social medias distort reality. We live in a science fictive world of decadence and destruction. Do we need proof with true facts? Of course we do, but where do we look for it? Who can we trust? Our own system of rules and laws of the land and the people who make sure they are observed, our rulers and law officers? ...Our scientists and their association? ...Our governments and the people elected?
Who's interest @ stake?

http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-radiation-detected-on-u-s-west-coast/
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...hores/ar-AAlmtC8?li=AAggv0m&OCID=ansmsnnews11

I wouldn't be alarmed by this; forty years from now we might be in control of those today's leaks and consequences.
And by then other nuclear disasters will take over and old news will die, just like they always die with time and with millions of people with radioactive cancerous cells ingested in their systems through airborne, water, soil, food, fishes, friction, touch, contamination from all levels of exposure. ...Carried away by ocean currents, waves, winds, atmospheric precipitations, clouds, ...nature travels, and with it radioactive particles from nuclear leaks.

Global warming? Nah, radioactivity has nothing to do with it, or does it?
We might be lucky; in one hundred years we might start testing and gathering scientific studies to assess our situation; human and planet's health...ecologic and biologic systems.

I wouldn't worry today; we're doing everything that can possibly being done, we are taking all protective measures against major nuclear reactor's failures and oil spills.
We are quick to cap/seal everything off. Business has to keep running its natural flow; our jobs depend of it, not our livelihood, not our health and the health of our future generations, our children's children, their lives. As for the animals population and our food products, our vegetables from our gardens, lands, ...no biggie, that's what we eat not what kills us, right?

Well, our air above our cities is not like in China...yet.
And in some parts of Japan, Russia, USA, UK, France, and other big metropolis we take good care of the people's health. We create jobs.
And those jobs in those factories, plants, manufacturing sectors, administrative managers, technologies, communications, energy sectors, pharmaceutical drugs, chemical plants, textile factories, painters and rap music producers, mayors, skyscraper designers, housing market, realtors, financial markets, developing countries, global purified air, forestry, fisheries, pipelines, fracking, justice systems, protectors, lawmakers, coordinators, CEO executives, fair salaries for all workers, ...they all contribute to a perfect harmonious world without incidents/accidents that would jeopardize our health...mentally and physically. We are building a race of stronger and healthier humans, more beautiful, evolving in the right direction and way ahead of our ancestor amphibians and primates. We are a superior human race; just look @ Dubai, Abu Dhabi, New York, Chicago, Montreal, Boston, New Jersey, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Colombia, Florida, Havana and Alaska.

Radio active particles are nothing to be worried about; it's not man's fault, guns kill not humans behind them. Yes I am sarcastic, because I simply don't know how else best to say it, do you?

We have an excellent balance in place; everyone plays fair and honest, no drugs enter our olympic spirit, no governing associations are cheating, we are well served and protected, and we're all equal human beings. We live on the best planet ever, the planet of opportunity and liberty. We are an individualist planet, driven by strong values that unite us all in fraternity and family.
We build bigger cities and we pack more people in them. We cut less trees and burn less land. We water our gardens and we build bigger planes to carry the water to kill our forest fires. We fight droughts by bringing ice from the Antarctic, by melting snow caps with smoke. We live faster, longer, and more informed than ever. Soon we'll be tele-transporting ourselves like they do in Star Trek. We run from better more efficient fuel cells. We know how to use wind, wave, sun energy. We make electricity from running water and steam. Oil is with us for another two hundred years, and more. Time is now and better grab it before it escapes. Life is not eternal and might as well live with all the comfort that it provides for the ones who know how to take advantage of it right now. Because when we die nothing matters anymore, or does it? Is that the way most of us function in the brain? Live for now and forget about the past and future?

Isn't it ironic just a little; we work mainly for us, for our well balanced life. And yet thousands around us die everyday.

The question: What do we care about?
________

Bonus:

Nuclear reactor meltdowns remind me of toxic/deadly radio activity like bombs falling on schools and hospitals full of children.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing