Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spending some time last week with more UltraAnalogue Recordings. What a week.

Spending some time last week with more UltraAnalogue Recordings. What a week.

Ed Pong noticed some of the posted I had done on his sample recordings and I got a message from him for my address. Suddenly a few days later some more sample of his recorded music showed up at my door. Again I have to say we, as audiophiles we are lucky that in this place in this time right now we have the best sounding music in history. UltraAnalogue just extends that sentence. I never listened to chamber type recording music, but all of a sudden with the absolute clarity, I listen and enjoy it. Ed Pong and Tony his technical person has removed all of the screens and layers. His latest recording are even better than the last, if that is possible. I think the secret is all of the silver in the recording chain, just like Audio Note UK and the tape and special care in the process. UltraAnalogue reminds me of Mappleshade Recording where Pierre does everything in his house and the sound was ahead of anything heard. UltraAnalogue is the 2.0 version recorded in a pool house with special acoustics and good sound. Peter Breuinger and others have expressed the sound of there tapes but wow all around. Some of you that own UltraAnalogue should post some comments on what you enjoy about them. It is our job at audiophiles to stand behind someone that caters to just our specific sound needs. Very few Ed Pong's come along. Let us not forget that his performers are world class and play there hearts out too. Most of them will be international performers in the coming years and we can all say we heard there recording before they hit it big.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
    I spent an afternoon at Tony's house and then Ed's later on in the day. It didn't take long for me to figure out how dedicated they are with their projects. True professionals in every sense of the word. A few weeks later I attended one of their Poolside Concerts and was absolutely stunned at the sound from a room you wouldn't think could capture and create such sublime sounds.
    I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
    John Adrian Spijkers - "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
    Dynavector DV20x2L - Genesis G7.1f - Marantz Reference PM KI Pearl - Nitty Gritty 2.5Fi - Oracle Paris Mk.V

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by earlinarizona View Post
    (...) UltraAnalogue reminds me of Mappleshade Recording where Pierre does everything in his house and the sound was ahead of anything heard. UltraAnalogue is the 2.0 version recorded in a pool house with special acoustics and good sound. (...)
    Nice you refer to Mappleshade Recording. I was listening to two of their CDs this weekend - Clifford Jordan and Kendra Shank - and could not stop thinking how good would they sound in tape, DSD128 or DXD. Even in daily redbook they are exceptional.
    Under construction around a pair of Wilson XLF's, DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack and Audio Research REF40 ...

I thought I heard something like Mappleshade was looking into maybe having some of his tapes being made available but can't verify that fact.

I just attended a great concert at Eds home yesterday. A 24 year old violinist named Tatsuki Narita performed Paganini's Caprices. It was a spectacular performance, truly a once in a lifetime experience to see this amazing feat performed live. Hopefully the tape will be available soon? Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by audioguy1958 View Post
    I just attended a great concert at Eds home yesterday. A 24 year old violinist named Tatsuki Narita performed Paganini's Caprices. It was a spectacular performance, truly a once in a lifetime experience to see this amazing feat performed live. Hopefully the tape will be available soon? Ed?
    I wish I could have been there. I have one of Taksuki's tapes that he did earlier for Ed as well as a video that Ed sent me. He is truly amazing. I think Ed has planned to record the Caprices. Looking forward to just about anything that Tatsuki performs. Larry
    Analog-VPI Classic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeromono,BHPhonoP re,2xAmpexATR102+Doshi3.0
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-MergingNADAC mch,HQP/Emotion,Oppo95
    Electronics-HerronVTSP3APre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-ArtKelmGround1IsoTrans,AudioDiskeVinylCleaner,AirT ightRecordFlattener
    Scott Rust Interconnects,Switch,Power Supply
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs ,50TBripped files

Member Sponsor [Industry Expert]
    Quote Originally Posted by audioguy1958 View Post
    Well, I think Tatsuki is still on a high from this concert.... it truly was amazing to experience this... I have the concert tapes, from which we will make a production CD... I do not know of a "live recording" in the repertoire. Tape - YES, this will be 2 tapes... we captured a "slightly different sound" for the concert for this repertoire... maybe slightly less resonant, but I feel entirely fitting for Paganini... We have been also recording the Caprices in the studio & I'm thinking I may offer this as another recording... "studio recording" slightly more resonant - something for everyone!

We are also recording the Bach Chaconne today! He leaves Wednesday... such a fun week!

Member Sponsor [Industry Expert]
    One very interesting change in these new recordings... I put a pair of vintage NOS WE300b (1956) into the microphone pre-amp....

Considering their $$$$$, I was a bit apprehensive to put them in, just in case they may not be better.... well, I can definitely say, they are worth every $$$$$..... the soundscape changed so dramatically, I was shocked after just hearing a few notes on my Stax headphones.... When I played the tape on my monitoring system... the image of the violin was "right there - literally, in front of me..." the purity, intensity, and timbre were unbelievable... Tatsuki shouted, "that's the sound of my fiddle - I love it!" The highs are so intense & pure, so beautiful & extended without any hint of grain or etch...

You cannot beat the old NOS WE300b.... IMHO

There will be a new project for me to put them into the out put stage of the A80's repro amp.can the copy sound the same as the master ? watching progress from us
    tony ma

Addicted to Best!
    You´re crazy!
    and I love it!
    best
    Leif

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast