Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: REL No. 25

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar

REL No. 25

This new REL subwoofer has a 15" diameter cone.

REL switched to Class D amplification for this subwoofer.

Has anybody heard it yet?
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 or Koetsu Coralstone (TBD)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies; amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

How low can you go - stacked rel 25s
    Name:  25_Stack_In_LivingRoom_crop1.jpeg
Views: 1563
Size:  80.8 KB
    Vertere MG-1 Magic Groove / Vertere SG-1HB Tonearm / Ortofon A95
    Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe - Active Sanders Sound 10c

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post
    How low can you go - stacked rel 25s
    Name:  25_Stack_In_LivingRoom_crop1.jpeg
Views: 1563
Size:  80.8 KB
    For $45K retail for this "six pack", seems like a deal to me.
    Audio Dealer/Distributor NYC Two Manhattan locations
    http://www.rhapsody.audio

TechDAS, Lyra, Koetsu, Goldmund, Jadis, Magico, Kaiser, Raidho, Critical Mass Systems, Zesto Audio, Vitus, Kii Audio, CEC, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Aurender, Devialet, Alta-Audio, Scansonics, REL Acoustics, Ortofon, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, Acoustic System International, Novum, Bybee Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by rvisinta View Post
    For $45K retail for this "six pack", seems like a deal to me.
    And still doesn't have the displacement of one of the big boy woofers that's out there for 1/5th the money.
    Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe-nowhere else could things be more screwed up.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by 16hz lover View Post
    And still doesn't have the displacement of one of the big boy woofers that's out there for 1/5th the money.
    16Hz, cool, do you mind showing a link or a pic to the "big boy" woofers you mention?....thx...curious.

TechDAS, Lyra, Koetsu, Goldmund, Jadis, Magico, Kaiser, Raidho, Critical Mass Systems, Zesto Audio, Vitus, Kii Audio, CEC, TaraLabs, Audio Note Japan/Kondo, Aurender, Devialet, Alta-Audio, Scansonics, REL Acoustics, Ortofon, King/Cello tape preamps, Stillpoints, Entreq, FVPowerBank, Enklein, Kubala Sosna, Acoustic System International, Novum, Bybee Technologies

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rvisinta View Post
    16Hz, cool, do you mind showing a link or a pic to the "big boy" woofers you mention?....thx...curious.
    this one is a 'big boy' with large displacement maybe

but it's not really intended for music applications so much.....not relevant to the finer points of musical enjoyment.

but if moving doors or reproducing helicopter noise, or tearing down buildings is your thing........
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post
    this one is a 'big boy' with large displacement maybe

but it's not really intended for music applications so much.....not relevant to the finer points of musical enjoyment.
    But pretty cool looking!

Hello, Mike. I have always had the impression based upon reading only that the built in to the room rotary woofer was the lowest hitting, most accurate, most musical sub out there. Though I have never heard one (yet).

Is this not the case?

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Hello, Mike. I have always had the impression based upon reading only that the built in to the room rotary woofer was the lowest hitting, most accurate, most musical sub out there. Though I have never heard one (yet).

Is this not the case?

Tom
    I did hear one once at a show. I have heard the same thing as far as it's performance. but it's like playing with dynamite. it can break stuff....very large stuff....kinda like a earthquake....hard to exactly control what it does. It's not a relevant product for a serious music system other than a curiosity. it is more a home theatre type product.

I cannot imagine trying to integrate it with another subwoofer for music. you could do it.....but could you do it well?
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Interesting. Thanks Mike and duly noted.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast