Need Help Repairing a MCS Seiries 2240 Dolby Tape Deck.

zastin17

Nov 18, 2016
So I recently purchased a 2240 tape deck from a thrift store for 4 bucks. I plugged it in everything seems to work. But when I press play the play button will light up for 1 or 2 seconds. Then it stops. While the play button is lit up, The tape never moves. However fast forward and rewind do work perfectly fine. I opened it up and cleaned any dust out of it. I also made sure that the tape belt was still intact, which is was. Its in great cosmetic condition though. I also love the Vacuum florescent audio visualizer. There is also a chance that I might be using it wrong. I do have another tape deck that doesn't do this but that one is much lower end. I haven't torn it apart yet because I don't want to unless I need to. Here is a video I made showing the problem.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing