Hello from Paris

MementoMori

Nov 18, 2016
hi there, I came here in search of good computer speakers. I listen to a lot of techno and I need some good bass. I bought the pair of BOSE (no separate sub) with the volume wheel attachment (excellent design, that dial is super precise and easy to use) six years ago at Best Buy in NYC and those guys are still doing right by me today! Bose man... American-made.. the best. But I wouldn't mind upgrading the audio experience.

I have always been sensitive to great sound, but I've always been poor so there goes that life of investing into cool audio. I know one great sound designer, his name is Steve Dash and he set up nightclub audio back in NYC. I remember the speaker towers at Twilo. You could stand in front of them while the DJ played and have a conversation just barely louder than if you were in a quiet room, while at the same time the bass shredded your insides.
So anyway, happy to read all of you and getting some good suggestions for some proper computer speakers, looking to put down about 300 euros top.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
Check out some of the Active Bi-amped studio monitors from JBL, Fostex, KRK and Adam. You might need some additional budget for Adams with AMTs.

For more detailed techno/deep electronic ones, you may need to also add a sub or two.

If you take bookshelf speakers, don't leave them on the desktop, you'll get nasty desktop resonance and thus a botched frequency response. Instead, build or buy stands for them, that will make a great difference.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Check out some of the Active Bi-amped studio monitors from JBL, Fostex, KRK and Adam. You might need some additional budget for Adams with AMTs.

For more detailed techno/deep electronic ones, you may need to also add a sub or two.

If you take bookshelf speakers, don't leave them on the desktop, you'll get nasty desktop resonance and thus a botched frequency response. Instead, build or buy stands for them, that will make a great difference.

I use the Auralex MoPads for my desktop speakers. You can angle them UP, LEVEL(straight) or DOWN.

http://www.auralex.com/product/mopad-mopad-xl/

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

I had forgotten about JBL... The LSR 305 is a surprising performer but a little bit above the 300 Euros budget.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing