Concertgebouw tickets

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Just booked tickets for Bernard Haitink conducting Bruckner 7 on Sunday Feb 19th. So expensive at 154 Euro! London orchestras are subsidised so had seen him do this with the LSO at 1/3rd the price. Small ensembles can be heard even at almost 1/10th the price.

Only the Royal Opera House in London has atrocious prices.

Diapason

Mar 26, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Expensive to be sure, but the acoustics in the Concertgebouw are so lovely it's almost worth it. I'd struggle to pay that myself, mind you.

(In other news, I was at an orchestral concert at the Royal Festival Hall for the first time a few weeks back, right up at the top of the house, and I found the acoustics "interesting". In many ways, not as bad as I was expecting, but in some other ways...!)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Expensive to be sure, but the acoustics in the Concertgebouw are so lovely it's almost worth it. I'd struggle to pay that myself, mind you.

(In other news, I was at an orchestral concert at the Royal Festival Hall for the first time a few weeks back, right up at the top of the house, and I found the acoustics "interesting". In many ways, not as bad as I was expecting, but in some other ways...!)

The festival hall top is not good, but better than back stalls which have the balcony on top obstructing the sound. Front stalls are the best. Not as good as Barbican but better than Albert Hall easily. The Purcell Hall there (now undergoing refurb) is very good for small ensemble.

I have been to concertgebouw for Handel Arias, but this is a bigger concert. Handel arias were quite cheap though. So I assume they have differential pricing. In London it varies between 40 - 65 quid for main seats (based on the performance), rarely have I seen it at 95 in these concert halls.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Just booked tickets for Bernard Haitink conducting Bruckner 7 on Sunday Feb 19th. So expensive at 154 Euro! London orchestras are subsidised so had seen him do this with the LSO at 1/3rd the price. Small ensembles can be heard even at almost 1/10th the price.

Only the Royal Opera House in London has atrocious prices.

Probably you are paying more for the Concertgebouw ticket than for the Schipol ticket! :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Probably you are paying more for the Concertgebouw ticket than for the Schipol ticket! :)

Actually, yes. 66% of the cost should be the flight ticket

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Kedar,

Have a great time. We couldn't get tickets for the RCOA when we were in Amsterdam a few years ago, but heard a regional orchestra - wonderful acoustics. We heard the RCOA a few weeks later at the Barbican (I think the tickets were less than 50GBP for the best seats). I noticed the prices in Amsterdam were sky high. Same with the Vienna Philharmonic in Vienna.

Larry

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Kedar,

Have a great time. We couldn't get tickets for the RCOA when we were in Amsterdam a few years ago, but heard a regional orchestra - wonderful acoustics. We heard the RCOA a few weeks later at the Barbican (I think the tickets were less than 50GBP for the best seats). I noticed the prices in Amsterdam were sky high. Same with the Vienna Philharmonic in Vienna.

Larry

The RCOA is playing at Barbican this year as well, I am going definitely for the second one, not sure about the first yet
http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=19234

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=19236

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing