Harry Connick Jr. She===CD Sound Quality===Bruce help a brother out. :)

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Love this album, produced very well, sounds fantastic...except it sounds like the beginning and end of every note is cut off making it very choppy.
Sloppy transfer to CD?
The Musicians chops on the album are sick and aside from the main issue it makes any system sound good.
Since Mr. Connick does not believe in vinyl, has stated so publicly, my only other choice is cassette.
Bruce, any possibility of getting this and making something better out of it? I see you have some of his material on the site.
Does anyone hear what I hear, or am I the only one that has ever listened to it. So not his normal crooner stuff.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
You talking to me? (in my best Robert De Niro voice)....
Well it could be the CD transfer, but I'd probably blame it on the compressor that was used. On compressors, you can select Attack and Release times, which when done incorrectly, will get that choppy feel. I'd blame it on bad mastering......

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Yes I'm talkin to you (in my best Tony Montana/Al Pacino voice)!

That describes it perfectly, a better description.

If allowed to could it be fixed?

Is there normally uncompressed copies out there to work from?

I really have to come out and visit you one of these Mondays.

Its a shame, because there is some great music on there.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Yes I'm talkin to you (in my best Tony Montana/Al Pacino voice)!

That describes it perfectly, a better description.

If allowed to could it be fixed?

Is there normally uncompressed copies out there to work from?

I really have to come out and visit you one of these Mondays.

Its a shame, because there is some great music on there.

Would love to have a visit sometime! Maybe you can introduce me to the world of Ferrari!
Unfortunately, things like this can't be fixed. Once it's this damaged, the only thing you can do is find a generation before that and do it all over again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing