Arrival

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
After a full day of work, I was reluctantly dragged to this movie, expecting fully to hate it. Much to my surprise, this is one of the year's best for me. Based on a short story ostensibly about aliens, but really a vehicle for much more. Visuals are absolutely stunning, not in a special effects way, but actually to propel a story. I found it very thoughtful and affecting but could see where others would not like it....Highly recommended.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Thank you...was wondering about this. Glad to hear it is good sci-fi and worth seeing!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We saw it yesterday. For me it was a bit confusing and we weren't sure we had understood everything until we had talked it out afterwards. I prefer movies that make you think over those filled with special effects so this could have been right up my alley. There was a lot to like about the film but at the same time I am not sure it fulfilled its promise. I would give it a B-.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The reviews have been great for Arrival. Couldn't get to see it this weekend but will definitely watch as soon as possible.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I saw it as well this weekend and thought it was excellent. The focus on communication was really cool. I admit I was a tad confused at the end despite "getting it" but at least I could think about the ramifications of what occurred.

Amy Adams delivered a great performance as well and directing was top notch.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Not confused. I thought it was very good, best I've seen this year for sure.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I saw Arrival today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great alien concept. Definitely thought provoking.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing