Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cartridge for the Kronos

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Really? I've never heard such claims... I've owned an LP-S for the longest time, and been very happy with it. I replaced it with an Ortofon A-90, and sold the Benz to a friend, who's still using it, BTW...

I know that, for a while, the Benz stuff was actually hard to source, as the factory closed or was producing very limited quantities. But apparently that's over now...
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - La Jolla, CA
    Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audionet - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kronos - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - Linn - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

I have owned a Benz Ruby 2 for many years...still sounds very good. No issues whatsoever with the suspension or anything else. I am currently considering a Benz LPS MR ( this is the latest version with the micro ridge stylus...the one to get vs. the older non micro ridge stylus).
    There are many other good carts available, but in my case, the cart output is crucial....have you considered that factor?

What arm is going with the Kronos.... ?
    "An audiophile is only done when they go to the great brick and mortar store in the sky"

[/B]
    [I]Monaco tt 1.5 triplanar/Xv1
    Bakoon two box phono; step up Cinemag, Altec, FR, RCA
    Halcro DM 8 running current mode
    Bespoke server Roon and HQplayer at dsd2
    Atomic clock to USB aes interface
    Meitner DA2
    Lamm m1.2 or Goldmund 29M
    Morel Fat Ladies
    Bespoke active crossover 5 Subwoofers
    Sony PSX9 XL55 Bakoon phono
    Pioneer PLL1 DV XV1s Esoteric E03/CO2 as output
    Stealth cabling

Quote Originally Posted by awsmone View Post
    What arm is going with the Kronos.... ?
    Kronos Black Beauty (12")

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyF View Post
    I have owned a Benz Ruby 2 for many years...still sounds very good. No issues whatsoever with the suspension or anything else. I am currently considering a Benz LPS MR ( this is the latest version with the micro ridge stylus...the one to get vs. the older non micro ridge stylus).
    There are many other good carts available, but in my case, the cart output is crucial....have you considered that factor?
    Yes. I currently have a Ref Phono 2se and my pre, the Hovland HP-100 also has the built-in phono. Not sure however how low I would be willing to go with output. Maybe .3 or higher? I've considered the Sussuro, it's .4 I believe.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! audioblazer's Avatar
    Try the superb Miyajima Madake . I prefer it to Koetsu Coralstone in my system
    Source . AFO + Axiom, Fidelizer Nimitra + Vitus Masterpiece DAC , Studer A80, Tube Repro
    Amplification : Vitus Masterpiece Pre + Vitus Masterpiece Mono + Vitus Masterpiece Phono
    Cabling . Goebel Statement SC ,Transparent Reference XL AES/EBU digital , Goebel PC , Tara Labs Cobalts , Skogrand Markarian 421 XLR, Jorma Prime XLR , Goebel Statement XLR, Harmonix Takumi PC
    Catridges : Miyajima Madake , Miyajima Zero
    Speakers : Focal Stella EM
    Misc : JMF Conditioner, Telos GNR, Steinmusic

I have heard the Madake several times; liked the sound. Very low output however. Right now I am leaning towards a SoundSmith Sussuro. Has almost twice the output of the Madake and cost slightly less money also. My speakers are Magnepan 20.7's (only 87db sensitivty) so a little more output on the source helps.

Quote Originally Posted by audioblazer View Post
    Try the superb Miyajima Madake . I prefer it to Koetsu Coralstone in my system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12