C1+d1+x1

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
For those with interest in CH;
Friday I received my D1 and X1 and connected them to my C1. I am using the CH link between the D1 and C1. Cold and right out the box these units sounded extremely good and it has improved during the weekend. It will be awesome. Well, it is already....

Even standard red book cd' s are sounding new and fresh with details I have never heard before. So natural and musical. Fit and finish is of course exeptional, as it should be :).

The X1;
So far I have not listen very critically after how it contributes to the overall sound. But vocals and instruments are even more natural and the noise floor is extremely low. But more on this later on. This must be digital at its best or very close to it imo.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Seeing how you are relishing the progression from C1 to C1/X1 to D1/C1/X1 makes me wish I had spent more time with the permutations since I got the whole set including L1/X1 and M1s all at once. Nice to have the joy spread out. Nothing like a little adventure. :D

Congratulations!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Friday I received my D1 and X1 and connected them to my C1. I am using the CH link between the D1 and C1. Cold and right out the box these units sounded extremely good and it has improved during the weekend. It will be awesome. Well, it is already....

Even standard red book cd' s are sounding new and fresh with details I have never heard before. So natural and musical. Fit and finish is of course exeptional, as it should be :).

The X1;
So far I have not listen very critically after how it contributes to the overall sound. But vocals and instruments are even more natural and the noise floor is extremely low. But more on this later on. This must be digital at its best or very close to it imo.

I assume you are using Ethernet/CH Android app for your files and not USB?

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Seeing how you are relishing the progression from C1 to C1/X1 to D1/C1/X1 makes me wish I had spent more time with the permutations since I got the whole set including L1/X1 and M1s all at once. Nice to have the joy spread out. Nothing like a little adventure. :D

Congratulations!

Thanks, good times indeed :).

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
I assume you are using Ethernet/CH Android app for your files and not USB?

Hi Mike.
At the moment I am using an Aurender with USB for streaming/ playing files from the internal SSD disc, connected to the C1 via an Gutwire USB cable. From the D1 to the C1 the CH link. I will look into the other option as well. I am waiting for an Android tablet so that I can control all CH components from their app, that will be interesting. And convenient.

But the USB connection in the C1 is very good.

JP

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi Mike.
At the moment I am using an Aurender with USB for streaming/ playing files from the internal SSD disc, connected to the C1 via an Gutwire USB cable. From the D1 to the C1 the CH link. I will look into the other option as well. I am waiting for an Android tablet so that I can control all CH components from their app, that will be interesting. And convenient.

But the USB connection in the C1 is very good.

JP

thanks Jep.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area

The X1;

jep123, congratulations on acquiring the CH D1/C1/X1. Truly remarkable sounding components. Did you get the clock synch cards in the C1 and D1? CH-Link and the clock synch cards make playback from the D1 among the best I've ever heard. If you did, make sure your C1 and D1 are configured appropriately for clock when using USB. ENJOY!

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
jep123, congratulations on acquiring the CH D1/C1/X1. Truly remarkable sounding components. Did you get the clock synch cards in the C1 and D1? CH-Link and the clock synch cards make playback from the D1 among the best I've ever heard. If you did, make sure your C1 and D1 are configured appropriately for clock when using USB. ENJOY!

Hi, thanks.
No, I did not. Must be the next step. Today I will install the CH app on a tablet, should be interesting. Yes, they are amazing products. Not just their sound, the build quality is second to none.

JP

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
I must say I do like the look of this DAC. I was reading its manual and couldn't help but notice that it has 3 ground posts at the back including one for signal ground! :)

Guillaume

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing