CH Precision control app

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Hi.
I would like to receive some information on this app from CH Precision owners. I need to buy an Andriod Tablet only for this, but before I do that I would like to hear some user experiences.
I have the C1, D1 and X1.

Thanks.

JP

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
CH Precision app installed today and it is very good and user friendly. A no brainer for CH owners.

Perfect, as I expected it to be.

JP

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
CH Precision app installed today and it is very good and user friendly. A no brainer for CH owners.

Perfect, as I expected it to be.

JP

jep123, thanks for posting this. You convinced me. We have an electronics "superstore" here in TX called Frye's. They were running closeout specials on all kinds of products INCLUDING ANDROID TABLETS! So I purchased an 8" Samsung tablet dirt cheap. I downloaded the CH control app unto the tablet. I set up an 8-port ethernet desktop switch and connected it to an Apple Airport Extreme I had laying around the house that I use as a network "extender" to the main wireless in my house. A couple of Cat-6 ethernet cables of the correct length connected to the A1/L1/C1/D1/P1 and there you have it! No more remotes. All controls to components are now available on the tablet that connects to the main network in my house via wireless! Nice. I also connected a MacBook Pro (wired to the 8-port switch) running minimserver and have all my music files on a 2TB USB drive. Streaming available. Very nice indeed.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Don't forget to remove the batteries on your remotes now that you're using the app guys! :D

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
jep123, thanks for posting this. You convinced me. We have an electronics "superstore" here in TX called Frye's. They were running closeout specials on all kinds of products INCLUDING ANDROID TABLETS! So I purchased an 8" Samsung tablet dirt cheap. I downloaded the CH control app unto the tablet. I set up an 8-port ethernet desktop switch and connected it to an Apple Airport Extreme I had laying around the house that I use as a network "extender" to the main wireless in my house. A couple of Cat-6 ethernet cables of the correct length connected to the A1/L1/C1/D1/P1 and there you have it! No more remotes. All controls to components are now available on the tablet that connects to the main network in my house via wireless! Nice. I also connected a MacBook Pro (wired to the 8-port switch) running minimserver and have all my music files on a 2TB USB drive. Streaming available. Very nice indeed.

Yes, nice indeed :). Congrats!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing