Audio Video Show 2016 - Warsaw, Poland

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
What a crazy weekend !

For those who haven't been, or haven't heard about the show I'm running over here:

When I first booked in to cover AVS 2016, I had no idea what to expect from it. Now that I’ve been there and done that, I can say with confidence that Poland’s Audio Video Show is poised to become one of the largest and most influential hi-fi events in the world. It has great organization, and insofar as the National Stadium goes, an incredible location. Come in 2017 and see if you agree. I think we’re coming back with a bigger team!

Doug Schneider
Founder, SoundStage!

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/ind...tional-stadium-hi-fi-s-best-ever-show-setting

This is the first Warsaw that we at Hifi Pig have attended but we’re so happy we made the effort because it has been undoubtedly one of the best, if not THE best we’ve been to. The people of Warsaw have been wonderfully welcoming, the food and drink has been spectacularly good and the company we’ve enjoyed has been marvellous.

http://hifipig.com/audio-video-show-2016-warsaw/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
An audio/video show inside a stadium (sports arena); great idea!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
What a crazy weekend !

For those who haven't been, or haven't heard about the show I'm running over here:

When I first booked in to cover AVS 2016, I had no idea what to expect from it. Now that I’ve been there and done that, I can say with confidence that Poland’s Audio Video Show is poised to become one of the largest and most influential hi-fi events in the world. It has great organization, and insofar as the National Stadium goes, an incredible location. Come in 2017 and see if you agree. I think we’re coming back with a bigger team!

Doug Schneider
Founder, SoundStage!

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/ind...tional-stadium-hi-fi-s-best-ever-show-setting

This is the first Warsaw that we at Hifi Pig have attended but we’re so happy we made the effort because it has been undoubtedly one of the best, if not THE best we’ve been to. The people of Warsaw have been wonderfully welcoming, the food and drink has been spectacularly good and the company we’ve enjoyed has been marvellous.

http://hifipig.com/audio-video-show-2016-warsaw/

I have been saying this for 2 years now and people didn't seem to want to believe! LoL

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's because you have no cool avatar like Elberoth, and no location like him saying "Poland". ;-)

* Adam is a better promoter than you Norman. ...Like Trump. :b

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
That's because you have no cool avatar like Elberoth, and no location like him saying "Poland". ;-)

* Adam is a better promoter than you Norman. ...Like Trump. :b

LoL

So it does not help that I hang with Adam at the Show when I can?

Warsaw Show is the best kept secret it seems. No matter as I am not sure I could handle even more crowds.
Disneyland for audiophiles...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
LoL

So it does not help that I hang with Adam at the Show when I can?

Warsaw Show is the best kept secret it seems. No matter as I am not sure I could handle even more crowds.
Disneyland for audiophiles...

I was just teasing you Norm, lol.

* There are other best kept secrets; like Master Built, like the next one to fall in love with, like the next best music recording to experience a communal orgasm... :b In 2017 some of us will fly to Warsaw, Poland.

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Leo was there ..... http://www.my-hiend.com/vbb/showthread.php?11193-2016????????????-Warsaw-Audio-Video-Show

Didn't see any Marten Audio products , unless I missed it . Looks a well run and thriving show . Congrats Adam , hope to visit next year,

By all means - please do !

Another enthusiastic report from Mono and Stereo:

'To say that show was great is a complete understatement.'

'for the first time visitors this show was more or less jaw dropping experience'

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/11/poland-audio-video-show-2016-report.html

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
great job Adam. Congrats on such a successful show! everything I see and read causes me to want to attend.

next year I'm going to try and either attend the Munich show or the Warsaw show......I've never been to Europe before. and I'm sure either would be a wonderful experience.

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
Mike;
The Munich show is much better and the city is wonderful in May. I visited the Warsaw show last year. Nice, but too crowded. Munich has much more to offer and is extremely well organized.

Rgds
JP

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike;
The Munich show is much better and the city is wonderful in May. I visited the Warsaw show last year. Nice, but too crowded. Munich has much more to offer and is extremely well organized.

Rgds
JP

it will more likely be a timing issue for me; when will it work for my job responsibilities to be gone? I feel confident that either show would be worth doing and that both places have their attributes. obviously the Munich show is bigger and so far the more prominent. it just appears that Warsaw has taken a big step forward.

May is a nicer time to travel, but a busier time at work for me too.

jep123

VIP/Donor
Dec 23, 2012
Norway
it will more likely be a timing issue for me; when will it work for my job responsibilities to be gone? I feel confident that either show would be worth doing and that both places have their attributes. obviously the Munich show is bigger and so far the more prominent. it just appears that Warsaw has taken a big step forward.

May is a nicer time to travel, but a busier time at work for me too.

The Warsaw show and the city is nice to visit as well, by all means. Welcome to Europe, when you have the time!

JP

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
great job Adam. Congrats on such a successful show! everything I see and read causes me to want to attend.

next year I'm going to try and either attend the Munich show or the Warsaw show......I've never been to Europe before. and I'm sure either would be a wonderful experience.

Mike,

I think Munich is still #1 show in the world, even if our show had grown substantially this year (again), to 164 rooms. Plus, it is much warmer in May :)

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Mike,

I think Munich is still #1 show in the world, even if our show had grown substantially this year (again), to 164 rooms. Plus, it is much warmer in May :)

Congrats Adam, Yours is a great bet. The "top audio show" in Milan was held every year, for 25 years, until 2013. Then closed.:(

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing