Do you love chocolate? | Toblerone Triangle Change | Fury From Customers | Brexit?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Lol, I love chocolate and Toblerone is one of my favorite bars.

"Mondelez International have taken that love and aggressively broken it into triangle shaped pieces.
Sneakily over the last few months, Mondelez International has bloody changed the weight and the shape of the Toblerone bars we knew and loved.
What used to be 400g and 170g bars are now 360g and 150g.
Which is pretty bloody awful in itself, but what’s even worse is that Mondelez have also changed the shape of the bars.

Instead of closely packed chunky triangles, the new 150g Toblerone bars are now made up of just nine chocolate triangles (it used to have 11), with a significant gap in between each one.
The packaging’s remained the same, however, so you’ll pick up a bar expecting the regular number of Toblerone peaks, only to be surprised by what’s essentially a long chocolate bar with a few triangles on top."

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/foodanddri...blame/ar-AAk2kMu?li=BBoPOOl&OCID=ansmsnnews11
______

I understand @ 100% the frustration and the outrage from customers with deep passion and love for their favorite chocolate bars.
They want to save money by reducing quantity. ...Or they could have raise the price slightly instead, no? Why change a winning design? Lol, that's the main force of their bars...plus the quality tasting product of course.

"Toblerone*posted a statement on their Facebook page, explaining that the move was intended to keep costs down.
‘Toblerone remains one of the best value and most delicious Swiss chocolate products in the market,’ they said."

______

What would you prefer, less choco or more mono? ...Chocolate...money.
Me, gimme back my original bar...it's not thirty cents more (roughly...20-40 more or less) that is going to affect my life, but the new design sure does!
Lol, I'm serious.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing