Just Updates UltraAnalogue Sample have reached Nirvana

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
I think most of us in the forum have been following UltraAnalogue for a while along with the changes they have made to his recording chain. Just the other day I noticed they posted some new music samples from the latest tapes. It is now clear they have achieved a level that any other company would swoon over. The improvements in the recording chain has apparently made the chain invisible. Nothing added or subtracted but real just like you are in the room. Now I don't mean the same "In the room sound" like regular recording but now actually in the room. No electronic sound or emphasis at any level. With all of the silver in his recording and playback chain, that could be part of the reason. Listening to the Audio Note system with all silver I got the same sound listening to all the silver while Charlie/King was playing his Stellavox into the system. Noting in my 45 years of listening got to that natural level.
For us old people remember when you went to a movie and you could always spot the special effects? Now they are invisible just like the UltraAnalogue sound. No person buying tapes from Ed Pong ever has to worry about "HiFi Sound" and now he has surpassed anything he has done. Whatever improvements he made to the recording chain you can hear it clearly in the sample and the reels should blow any buyer away.

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
I think most of us in the forum have been following UltraAnalogue for a while along with the changes they have made to his recording chain. Just the other day I noticed they posted some new music samples from the latest tapes. It is now clear they have achieved a level that any other company would swoon over. The improvements in the recording chain has apparently made the chain invisible. Nothing added or subtracted but real just like you are in the room. Now I don't mean the same "In the room sound" like regular recording but now actually in the room. No electronic sound or emphasis at any level. With all of the silver in his recording and playback chain, that could be part of the reason. Listening to the Audio Note system with all silver I got the same sound listening to all the silver while Charlie/King was playing his Stellavox into the system. Noting in my 45 years of listening got to that natural level.
For us old people remember when you went to a movie and you could always spot the special effects? Now they are invisible just like the UltraAnalogue sound. No person buying tapes from Ed Pong ever has to worry about "HiFi Sound" and now he has surpassed anything he has done. Whatever improvements he made to the recording chain you can hear it clearly in the sample and the reels should blow any buyer away.

Recently I sourced a pair of vintage NOS WE300b (1956 with square getters) & placed them into the microphone pre-amp.... the earliest part of the signal chain to have the biggest effect on the sonic character...

I was not prepared for what I heard.... incredible resolution of the violin highs, with utterly natural timbres & extreme soundstage depth.... after hearing just a few notes, in the Stax headphones while recording Tatsuki's Paganini Caprices... These tapes are ready & will be on the website soon... you will hear a very special performance with stunning sound to match...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing