Congratulations To World Champion Chicago Cubs

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Over a century is a little too long of a wait for me.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Oh MY Freekin God! AWESOME game! Awesome series!
My wife kept coming in the room and trying to put the blood pressure cuff on me...I kept chasing her out of the room, didn't want her to freak out.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
i was listening to the radio feed as I installed a new phono stage. What a great night!! My father has been a Cubs fan since the 50's, that is a long wait. So happy for all the Cub's from days past!!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Very happy to see the Cubs finally win it. I have friends who are avid Cubs fans and I'm happy for them. I'm a Giants and Red Sox fan and more than anything else I'm glad LeBron doesn't get to say anything anymore for this year. :D

And this is one incredibly thrilling game.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Did he take the bet with D-wade?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Did he take the bet with D-wade?

You bet, Jack. :D

"Unfortunately for them, the Indians blew a 3-1 lead and fell to the Cubs, which may be a little awkward for some of the Cavs, since they’ve been cracking jokes about how the Warriors blew the 3-1 Finals lead (we may have seen the last of those jokes).

But anyway, with this loss, James will have to wear a full Cubs uniform to the Cavaliers’ game in Chicago on Dec. 2, according to the bet Dwyane Wade made that he agreed to."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/lebron-cubs-indians-world-series-video-congrats

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
You bet, Jack. :D

"Unfortunately for them, the Indians blew a 3-1 lead and fell to the Cubs, which may be a little awkward for some of the Cavs, since they’ve been cracking jokes about how the Warriors blew the 3-1 Finals lead (we may have seen the last of those jokes).

But anyway, with this loss, James will have to wear a full Cubs uniform to the Cavaliers’ game in Chicago on Dec. 2, according to the bet Dwyane Wade made that he agreed to."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/lebron-cubs-indians-world-series-video-congrats

That picture of Lebron will be a wonderful trophy.

The game was pretty amazing with anxiety and plenty of flashbacks to previous opportunities lost. It's a shame it took so long, as this is how the game should have been called:

I almost went to grab world series gear right after the game, but waited to catch a few interviews and the like on TV. I went to the local Dick's expecting maybe a 45-60 minute line, and found a line that I never saw the end of before I stopped walking, likely 200-300 yards long. Check the look-around shot I took of the line before I headed back home:

LOTS OF FANS!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
One of the best games I've seen in years as the Cubs give up a 5-1 lead as the Indians tie at 6-6 in the 8th only to lose to the Cubs in 10 with score of 8-7

Game lasted almost 5 hours
Certainly the human drama was palpable.
But from a technical perspective, as a non-baseball expert I found it lacking. Up 5-1 Madden yanked his starting pitcher. he then ignored his own advice and put his reliever into a" dirty inning." Not only did he prove himself right,t but also everyone else. Cleveland, unable to take advantage of Lester on their own, was handed a two run wild pitch. It appeared his error was erased by a home run from a thirty-seven year old catcher. Not to worry Maddens' error in using his star reliever the night before came back to haunt him. He was obviously mentally and physically exhausted. He proceeded to yield the unprecedented( for him) tieing home run.
To add to the comedy of errors the lame Scherber stole second base and then went to third on an error, Even with the infield in, contact with the ball would probably drive in the winning run. Not to worry the Cubs. promptly obliged.
This was a great series. it's too bad it had to end that way. Then again I've never had to perform one on one with the hold world watching.
Personally I thought Scherber was the obvious choice for MVP.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That picture of Lebron will be a wonderful trophy.

The game was pretty amazing with anxiety and plenty of flashbacks to previous opportunities lost. It's a shame it took so long, as this is how the game should have been called:

I almost went to grab world series gear right after the game, but waited to catch a few interviews and the like on TV. I went to the local Dick's expecting maybe a 45-60 minute line, and found a line that I never saw the end of before I stopped walking, likely 200-300 yards long. Check the look-around shot I took of the line before I headed back home:

LOTS OF FANS!

Very touching video. It's amazing how the Cubs fan still keep the faith through all these decades. And I read the Cubs are referred to as a 'beloved' losing team. The WS win they will cherish for the next hundred years. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We had family visiting so we were at the Grand Canyon for game 7. Ended up watching the game in a dive sports bar in Flagstaff with a motley crew of interesting and fun characters. Favorite drink in this bar was $1.50 Pabst Blue Ribbon beers so we joined their party. Once you get the first PBR down, the rest are a tad easier. :D

My wife has been a Cubs fan since childhood and I've lived with her through many Cubbie disappointments over the years. Her sheer joy at the conclusion of the game was amazing. Great event.

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
Very touching video. It's amazing how the Cubs fan still keep the faith through all these decades. And I read the Cubs are referred to as a 'beloved' losing team. The WS win they will cherish for the next hundred years. :)

We had family visiting so we were at the Grand Canyon for game 7. Ended up watching the game in a dive sports bar in Flagstaff with a motley crew of interesting and fun characters. Favorite drink in this bar was $1.50 Pabst Blue Ribbon beers so we joined their party. Once you get the first PBR down, the rest are a tad easier. :D

My wife has been a Cubs fan since childhood and I've lived with her through many Cubbie disappointments over the years. Her sheer joy at the conclusion of the game was amazing. Great event.

They are reporting an estimated 6 million fans currently celebrating in the city for the long parade from Wrigley down to the rally in Grant Park (where Lolapalooza is held). Today happened to already be a scheduled day off for Chicago Public Schools. I was working downtown during a few of the Bulls celebrations through the city and recall hearing the crowds 16 floors up in an office building. This is a dramatically larger crowd in the city. I doubt it's 6M, but tough to say with such a long parade route, all of the surrounding suburbs and those who traveled in town. The sea of people seen down Michigan Ave and surrounding area was really something. The specific field holding the rally holds about 100,000 people. That's quite a few people left to wander and celebrate around the city, but there are multiples that around Millenium park and surrounding areas.

So far all of the celebration has been surprisingly well behaved with the only real injuries being the idiots (often drunk) climbing on top of structures for a higher viewpoint. Hopefully the trend continues.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I was born in Chicago the year the last time the Cubs were in the World Series. Growing up in the suburbs, we suffered through year after year of both the Cubs and the White Sox, punctuated only once by the Sox's appearance in one WS in 1959, only to be defeated by the newly moved Dodgers. Then nothing for anyone until the White Sox won everything in 2005 and now the Cubbies winning in 2016. BTW, the glorious year for Chicago was 1906 when Sox beat the Cubs in the WS.

BTW, my daughter was born in the Bay Area in 1979, and so thought it was common place for the local team to win - first the 49er's with 3 Superbowls in the '80's and then the A's with 3 pennants in a row in '88 '89, and '90, including a cross town series sweep of Giants in '89 - with an earthquake to make things interesting. (She was even living in Boston in the '00's when the Red Sox broke the curse of the Bambino - twice.)

Larry

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
World Champions? LOL

Gotta love you Americans. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing