Mini nirvana/victory tonight.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Got bored, started tweeking on cartridge alignment, looking for something for nothing, you know the usual.

I know my kit does not compare to any here, but when you nail it, you discover many new things.

That is all.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
What do you use to setup overhang? And parallel?

Is your image properly centered, good left and right balance without having to adjust on preamp/amp?

I do the same things at times, except with soldering iron.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Lets just say I have some more precise tools on order.
Since it is a Rega, my adjustments are based on the Baerwald Arc Protractor.
Image centered, all level controls centered, soundstage bigger, all instruments so much more defined and natural sounding.
I am hearing so much more of everything and nothing at the same time.
I just sat there and listened and relaxed and enjoyed the music, with a big smile.
Another big win, less surface noise.

Of course I will go visit Mike and then just have shut mine down for a couple weeks to readjust to my systems level.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
And sadly manufacturers will claim tables come setup properly... Table setup is like upgrading, you can never know what you have till that's done. I try to tell people I meet in person whom may not be audiophiles... if only they knew...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing